Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara Pro Movies

Default Xara Pro Movies

Hi everyone,
    can anyone tell me why I am getting the message "unable to find path to Xara Xetreme" when I try open the Movies in Help in XaraPro. The movies are working fine in Xara Extreme, and also, there's always an also everytime I open XaraPro, the clipart as vanished and I have to download it once more. Last question Is it best to keep both Xara Extreme and Pro installed until the disc for XPro is sent in Jan.?
    Stygg2003

Default Re: Xara Pro Movies

Hi, Stygg...

If you go the the Clipart Gallery in Pro, then click "Get Clipart," you can browse to the clipart folder in Xtreme. Click "Add" and all will magically show up in Pro!
    ---
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    Is it best to keep both Xara Extreme and Pro installed until the disc for XPro is sent in Jan.?
    I'm keeping Xtreme-not-Pro installed because in that version, in the frame gallery everything is in the correct order.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMoonHP View Post
    Hi, Stygg...

If you go the the Clipart Gallery in Pro, then click "Get Clipart," you can browse to the clipart folder in Xtreme. Click "Add" and all will magically show up in Pro!
    ---
    Will
    Cheers for that WolfMoon did'nt know you could do that thought I had to wait for XP disc
    Stygg2003

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    I'm keeping Xtreme-not-Pro installed because in that version, in the frame gallery everything is in the correct order.
    I know this is going to sound stupid but if you are only keeping Xtreme how will you continue to make the great Flash animations you make?
    Stygg2003

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    I guess it's all what you are used to!

Since I never worked with frames before, it seems entirely logical to me that the first frame I work with is Frame 1, the next Frame 2, etc., and that they should be shown sequentially just as they will be animated.

But I guess those who first learn to read from right to left must find it difficult to learn to read a language which is read from left to right!
    ---
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    I know this is going to sound stupid but if you are only keeping Xtreme how will you continue to make the great Flash animations you make?
    Stygg2003
    I'll keep Xtreme for animated gifs only and for flash animations of more than a few frames.

Pro will open the files okay.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMoonHP View Post
    Since I never worked with frames before, it seems entirely logical to me that the first frame I work with is Frame 1, the next Frame 2, etc., and that they should be shown sequentially just as they will be animated.---
    Will
    I agree.
    However, it is logical to have frame one at the bottom and frame two on top of that...

Having the backround frame on top is daft.
    The background image is underneath all the other images ...

I can't understand this reversal either. It would be better if we had a choice which way it was displayed. Background frames at the top do my head in.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host