Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Clock face tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    Control constrains the angle, right-click creates a duplicate of the original at that spot.
    Right-click just gives me a pop-up menu..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rmc.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	32939  

OK, Ctrl+k does the trick and simplifies the operation greatly. Thanks for the input about clone, but I've still no idea about right-click.. Doh!

I'll update the original post accordingly..

Sorry Paul for not comming back sooner, I have tried to take snap shot of what I was doing but it did not come out right. When you double click the object with the selection tool you want to rotate and start rotating hold down ctrl + Left mouse key and when it is in the position you want in "right click" and you get a dulicate of the object with the original back in its starting position. While you are doing the rotation with the ctrl held down you get a +- sign on above each other.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thanks Albacore - I've finally managed to do it. I'll update the tutorial accordingly.

Paul

The trick is drag with the left mouse button held down and right click before you release the left mouse button to drop a duplicate.

To drag and drop tick marks, determine the precise angle for each tick mark, let's say 6 degrees, then set your angle of rotation (Page Options > General > Angle Constraint) to 6.

Enable rotate/skew mode by clicking twice on the selected tick mark. Drag the center of rotation bulls eye to the appropriate position.

Drag/rotate while holding down the Ctrl key and left mouse button and right click to drop the tick marks. If you need tick marks every 1 degree, then do a group of 6 first, then rotate and duplicate the group in 6 degree increments.

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gary-stopwatch.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	32949  
    Last edited by gwpriester; 06 December 2006 at 12:51 PM.