Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: raw format

Red face raw format

Not quite sure which is the best forum for this!

Just been promised a new DSLR by the man in red!!!!!!

Question does xara support RAW format?

cheers

Ian

Default Re: raw format

No
    Design is thinking made visual.

A camera that can save to a RAW format would have software support. Photoshop CS and above have a RAW plugin. There is a free copy of RawShooter from Adobe as well. There are other applications that are specific to RAW format. You would need to to see if a particular camera is supported by an application. More cameras are. Rich

I would think a RAW plugin for XaraPro would be high on someone's priority list.

Too bad it is so late into the Holiday season. I would imagine there could have been a lot of demand for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jen0dorf View Post
    Just been promised a new DSLR by the man in red!!!!!!

Question does xara support RAW format?

Ian
    I am using a Nikon D-200 and a D-70, and am thrilled with picture quality. They come with their own "Nikon View" software which would allow me to work with the RAW files, but I freely admit I usually shoot in JPEG.

Any image manipulation I do in Xara Picture Editor, and even with the D-70 (6.1 megapixels), I get very sharp 13 in. x 19 in. prints. I haven't explored the added features of XPE Pro, but I'm looking forward to it!

The coolest thing about the D-200 (IMHO) is less the 10+ resolution, but the Bluetooth download to my laptoop without having to swap out the memory chip. (This is particularly good for me, since I have a history of forgetting to turn the camera off before removing the memory chip. This generally misses up either the camera or the chip or both. (I've had to reformat several chips, losing images that were not replaceable, and once had to send the camera for repairs...sigh...)
    ---

Will

Talking Re: raw format

Thanks for that perhaps I'll stick to JPEG - assuming that "The man in Red" keeps his word.

Ian

I don't think there is any need to place the burden on Xara with a raw converter. This is better left to dedicated raw conversion software or your image editor of choice, like photoshop, or elements. If you're shooting raw, you're planning on optimizing your image, you will need to use other tools that are not part of, nor should they be of Xara. That being said I think you will be perfectly happy with a high quality jpg.

Regards, Joel

Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    I don't think there is any need to place the burden on Xara with a raw converter. This is better left to dedicated raw conversion software or your image editor of choice, like photoshop, or elements. If you're shooting raw, you're planning on optimizing your image, you will need to use other tools that are not part of, nor should they be of Xara. That being said I think you will be perfectly happy with a high quality jpg.

Regards, Joel
    Exactly!

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

If you want to get the best images though you should still shoot in RAW and convert in a good photo editing program that allows adjusting of the RAW data.

Christine