Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Another Tutorial - All About Flash!

Seeing as it's flavour of the month, I've written a tutorial about the ins and outs of Flash animation in Xara (which should help those who want material other than in the help file on this feature). Associated with this tutorial are some YouTube videos. But they haven't been finished, and may in fact never see the light of day - depends if I can get the time and a suitably quiet recording environment. I thought I'd release the tutorial now without available videos than nothing at all.

Any possible updates to the tutorial will appear in this thread. It was written in MS Word and is best viewed in HTML view - Open Office should work as well.

This supplements the other tutorials I've done:

Bump Mapping - a tutorial about shining lights in Xara.
    Custom Fills - a tutorial about producing custom fill types other than the standard circular/elliptical etc ones.
    Custom Transparency Types - a tutorial about producing transparency types other than the standard circular/elliptical etc ones.
    Extruding - a tutorial about how to simulate the effect of 3D extrusions in Xara.
    Bitmap Tracer - a tutorial covering everything you need to know about Xara's Bitmap Tracer and how to get the most out of it.
    Brushes - a tutorial explaining everything about brushes in Xara. All my brushes available here, including the natural media ones.

Enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Title.jpg 
Views:	1335 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	32848  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Xhris; 03 December 2006 at 07:57 PM.

Default Re: Another Tutorial - All About Flash!

Thanks Chris it looks as good as your brushes and bitmap tracing tutorials and I rate them VERY highly. Thanks again mate.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Xhris...

Thanks so much! This is a great tutorial. Since I did a lot of teaching before I retired, I know how much time and effort go into demonstrations, tutorials, etc.

I am so impressed by the willingness of you and others to share their knowledge with those of us who are relative beginners.

Thanks again.
    ---
    Will

Grat stuff Xchris..I kept the doc files for future reading! I love this forum and the people on it.
    I wish all the best of the season!
    Jim

Xhris, thanks for the Flash tutorial. I printed it out, but I have not yet done the tut. I've read it all the way through and it looks like it'll be great.

You suggest viewing the videos on "YouTube." I'm new to YouTube. Must I have an account there to view your videos? I went to YouTube and found XaraXhris, but I couldn't find the videos. I must be doing something wrong. I found "Feathered Ellipse Method," but that's all.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by cbutton69 View Post
    Xhris, thanks for the Flash tutorial. I printed it out, but I have not yet done the tut. I've read it all the way through and it looks like it'll be great.

You suggest viewing the videos on "YouTube." I'm new to YouTube. Must I have an account there to view your videos? I went to YouTube and found XaraXhris, but I couldn't find the videos. I must be doing something wrong. I found "Feathered Ellipse Method," but that's all.
    They don't exist yet, and may never exist (see my first post).

Geez Im a newb and thus, dont have the required app for opening these tutorial files. Could u possibly make it so it opens with Xara?
    Yes, yes, and what if the core is made of CHEESE?

Nice and smooth, as always Xhris. Useful integration to the built-in help.
    Thanks a lot!

In my signature below is a link to my webspace where you can download the tutorials in different formats. XPS and PDF are free formats which you can easily get the software from via adobe/microsoft's site. Microsoft also offers a Word document reader (free) which will allow you to read them as they were intended to be read.
    Last edited by Xhris; 12 March 2008 at 05:00 PM.

Question Re: Another Tutorial - All About Flash!

Am I blind? I cannot find your tutorial All about Flash. Where is it?