Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Multiple pages in DP6P

Example

Assume a document of several pages that consists of any mix of text and graphics. You now wish to edit (change, add, delete) some text or a graphic somewhere in the document.

In, for example, MS Word, if you make such edits the text and graphics following the edit will automatically adjust to accommodate the changes. For example, if you added an additional paragraph of say 5 lines then everything after the edit will move down 5 lines.

Question

Is there any way to make DP6P behave like a normal Word Processor with respect to automatically adjusting text and graphics over multiple pages?

T.

Default Re: Multiple pages in DP6P

Quote Originally Posted by Tabvla View Post
    Example

Assume a document of several pages that consists of any mix of text and graphics. You now wish to edit (change, add, delete) some text or a graphic somewhere in the document.

In, for example, MS Word, if you make such edits the text and graphics following the edit will automatically adjust to accommodate the changes. For example, if you added an additional paragraph of say 5 lines then everything after the edit will move down 5 lines.

Question

Is there any way to make DP6P behave like a normal Word Processor with respect to automatically adjusting text and graphics over multiple pages?

T.
    Yes, if you put the text into text frames, i.e. drag a rectangle with the text tool in which to type/paste text, and as the text overflows add another text frame (there's the option then to link them, allowing text to flow from one to the other) if those text frames are linked, even across pages, the text will flow as one body of text. hope that helps.

Steve

You can also anchor images to a position in the text so that they will relocate themselves as you add more.
    Attached Files Attached Files

In addition to those already mentioned above, you can apply names to any object in Xara Designer Pro 6 using the "Apply, remove or inspect names of objects" button on the Selector tool infobar. This is particularly useful if the objects are widely separated in the drawing or in a complicated drawing. Select the objects. One click and you can select just those objects that share a name. Repeating objects - a special naming convention is used to identify an object which is to appear on multiple pages of a design in exactly the same form and position on each page. This allows one copy of the object to be edited and then all the other copies to be updated to match. Both of the aforementioned would allow you to change font formatting, header and/or footer attributes throughout a multi-page document.

See The Name Gallery and Repeating Objects in the XDP6 Help pages.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thanks Steve and Drwyd. Yep that solved the problem

Somehow I missed the bit about Text Areas. I don't usually do a lot in Text, so probably did not read that section too well

T.

This is a little out of date but covers the basics. Everything I know about the Text Tool and a little bit more.

Hi Gary, thanks for the "Everything I know....."

Could you please do the URL again as it does not actually do anything and there is nothing in the Browser status line so the link seems to be broken.

Thanks

T.

Bollix! Sorry.

Here you go: http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook80/

Exellent. Many thanks.

T.