Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Solving Sudoku in XaraXtreme

Not exactly a graphical theme here, but I started doing a few Sudoku puzzles a couple of weeks ago, and quickly found out that my main problem was keeping the process tidy Working directly on the paper just got messy, so I decided to transfer the puzzle I was working on into XaraXtreme, with all the blank squares pre-filled with the digits 1-9.

By using layers it becomes very easy to set up a fresh puzzle, and then all you need to do is delete any of the small digits as you go, using the usual Sudoku logic. Once you decide a number is correct you can fill it red, or highlight it in some other way. In addition, with the harder puzzles, when you get into the what if scenarios, where you have to guess at one possibility or another, if you end up with a contradiction, you can just undo and rewind back to that decision point and try another possibility.

Example and .xar file attached.

Enjoy!

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sudoku example.png 
Views:	216 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	32818  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Solving Sudoku in XaraXtreme

This is a great idea - thank you!
    I haven't really begun to get into these puzzles for fear of the addiction - it's right up my alley and I know I can spend a lot of time on them! But the one puzzle I did on a plane trip did get rather messy!
    Thanks, again, Mike!

-Fuyiu