Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Another unlock problem

I've just downloaded (and paid for!) Xara Extreme Pro: When I try to unlock it (and yes I am definitely using the right e-mail address & password: I log on fine to the Xara web site) it just gives a message:
    Connect attempt failed: If you're sure you entered your details correctly please try again later.
    Well I've been trying for half an hour & I still get the same message. Any ideas?

Xaradiag gives an OK
    No proxy
    No configuration script in LAN

Any help welcome

Dave

Default Re: Another unlock problem

Hi Dave,

Check to see if your firewall is active. It can block the unlock connection. Depending on which firewall you have, you may only need to give permission for Xara Xtreme Pro to access the internet.

Another possible cause is your antivirus software, or adware/spy-ware blocker.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi,
    On some instances I found that if you bought Xtreme programs from different sources using the same e-mail + password one does not recognize the other IE bought one program for XaraOne and one program form Xara using soame e-mail and password XaraOne doesn't shoow Xara.com files.
    Make sure you are using correct one..I had the same problem when I purchased XtremePro I had to narrow down where XtremePro was purchased through and sue that.
    Jim

Thanks Scotty & Soquili

I've tried with Firewall & Virus checker turned off: no go

Definitely the username & password is the same as the area in Xara which shows my purchase of extreme.

I'm at a loss.....If you have any more ideas I'd welcome them. Many thanks

Dave

Dave did you read through the thread http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=24479 there were several things discussed that my help.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Soquili. The answer was the registry
    ( http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...mid=14&nav=0,1 )

This is not documented on the Xara site: only for Xara Extreme, so I was very edgy about trying it when I read it on the Xara site ( I think they need some catching up to do on documentation?).

Thanks a million for your help: It's now 17:10; time for beer!

Thanks again

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davecuttriss View Post
    I've just downloaded (and paid for!) Xara Extreme Pro: When I try to unlock it (and yes I am definitely using the right e-mail address & password: I log on fine to the Xara web site) it just gives a message:
    Connect attempt failed: If you're sure you entered your details correctly please try again later.
    Well I've been trying for half an hour & I still get the same message. Any ideas?

Xaradiag gives an OK
    No proxy
    No configuration script in LAN

Any help welcome

Dave
    I had the same problem, try to find out if you can
    switch the firewall off within the firewall program itself,
    I thought I switched it off, but something was still working.
    After I switched the firewall off from withn the firewall programm itself
    I could connect.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

My story is a little bit different.
    I do not have problem with Xara Xtreme Pro.

But when I purchased plug-in program: Alien Skin Eye Candy 4000 on line yesterday, I could not find any number for Registration code.

I can only guess that the connection for downloading Alien Skin Eye Candy
    4000 was cut off several times. It took me 4 hours to finish downloading for unknown reason. But my internet connection seemed OK with other websites.

I have written to Xara X supporting section for help, and got a “Service Ticket Number”. Hopefully, the Registration code will be issued soon. Then I can start working on them.

Ren2980, with the release of Xara Xtreme Pro the servers have probably been getting many requests for downloads. That may be why your download took so long or the routes to the servers may have been busy.

Have you logged into your Xara account? The registration numbers for any programs you purchased should be listed there.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Ren2980, with the release of Xara Xtreme Pro the servers have probably been getting many requests for downloads. That may be why your download took so long or the routes to the servers may have been busy.

Have you logged into your Xara account? The registration numbers for any programs you purchased should be listed there.
    Thanks Bill.
    I have logged into my account several times, 5 serial numbers including the Xtreme Pro were there except the line of Alien Skin Eye Candy 4000 with “Serial number” in the field.