Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Tutorial desperately needed....

Hello, all: I am very serious about purchasing Xara Xtreme but I am a total noob.

Does anyone know of a clear, comcise, elementary - new user friendly Tutorial that can show me, from the very, very beginning to the end - finished product, how to trace a car and be able to make it any color I want?

Thanks alot

sliique at gmail dot com

Default Re: Tutorial desperately needed....

Hi there,

Well you say you're a newbie, but you want to trace a car and customize colors. So I think you're trying to run before you can walk.

I suggest just getting to know the program's more basic functions first. If you look at the movies page in the program there's some beginner's videos. They're a good place to start. Then watch other movies, they'll also be useful. Open some of the clipart, poke around, play. You'll learn from looking what other people have done.

There is no specific video for what you want, as you want something very specific, but as you build knowledge you can then start to employ what you've learnt.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Default Re: Tutorial desperately needed....

Hello,

I have created a video tutorial on tracing a pen. It's pretty simple and not the full size, but you can watch it HERE.
    It's similar technique to tracing anything, from cars to whatever you like.

I will add to what Antony said: If you are unexperienced with vector drawing then it's not about Xara Xtreme Pro. You need to be familiar with the vector drawing functions.

In any case HERE is a tutorial you've asked for. It's not video but if you follow it I'm sure you can accomplish a nice result.

Regards,

Availor.