Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question The Future of Xtreme Itself

Hi. What is the intended future (improvements, enhancements)
    for Xtreme itself ... independent of Xtreme Pro? Or, is the present
    version of Xtreme the last intended update/version of Xtreme?
    If it is not at its final stage, what planned changes are ahead for it
    in the future?

I, as well as others, would like specifics, if possible, and not "find out"
    months or years down the road.

Thank you.

Ken Wilson

Default Re: The Future of Xtreme Itself

My understanding is Xara will continue to develop Xtreme as a separate product. The old two-tiered approach.

Gary

I agree, pro isn't for me and Xtreme is useful, but not exactly what I want. Knowing what was in developement for the next version would help those like me who decide on whether to wait or go for the next best thing now.

I've been interested in using more 3D in my work for some time and knowing some of the main features to be included in the next version of Zbrush helped me decide that will be perfect for what I want. So I've bought Zbrush 2 and I'm developing my skills with that whilest waiting for the next version.

I love this program, but need the new features to fully integrate it into my workflow. I've seen lots of other 3D programs that look O.K., but not exactly what I want.

It's the same with Xtreme, a very impressive program, but not quite what I want and without good reason to wait, I'll probably go with something else, likely Illustrator.

MarkMyWords, I'm not sure, why all these programs aren't right for you and you prefer to wait and discuss about features, instead of creating some stunning graphics and posting the results here?

Remi,

I think MarkMyWords (MMW) is attempting to be wise about his purchases, that is all.

Like many of us, he has probably been stung in the past by certain software companies which have falsely implied capabilities of their products.

If MMW is inexperienced with Xara Ltd, their products, and their policies then I understand his concerns/approach.

John

The problem is, developing software is a time consuming process. And there is no "perfect" graphics software package out there. Therefore, waiting for better weather isn't always the best idea.

Remi

LOL!

I do create artwork Remi, it's how I earn my living.

I'm continually on the lookout for better software and techniques than I currently use - call it a character flaw, but I just feel the need to keep moving.

I know the perfect program isn't out there, it can never be, that doesn't stop me from looking, or badgering software producers to do as I tell em LOL!

Yes, I have been stung in the past. I check out software as much as possible before purchase, which includes finding out about possible future versions to check back on.

If you are interested, here are some images I made (can't promise that they are stunning), mostly for fun, other stuff is pretty much under copyright or non-disclosure agreements;

http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database...pl?gallery=167
    Last edited by MarkMyWords; 30 November 2006 at 11:54 PM.