Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What's up? Aren't we friends anymore?

Before buying Xtreme Pro I thought I'd check my account with Xara. So, I logged in at xara.com and was directed to a page that stated:

"The username or email address you entered is associated with both a XaraClub and Xara Online account, because you have ordered products and services from both xara.com and xaraonline.com.

We are now combining the Xara Online and XaraClub accounts to make it easier for new customers who wish to buy both. Unfortunately this means that customers who already have both a XaraClub and Xara Online account which use the same email address or user name, will temporarily have to select which account they are trying to sign in to. Please select either XaraClub or Xara Online"

Choosing XaraClub got me:

"Log-in problem
    Sorry, your user name or password was not accepted. Both the user name and password are case-sensitive - please make sure you don't have your Caps Lock key pressed. You will only be a member of XaraClub if you have purchased a product over the Internet through XaraClub before."

Whereas, XaraOnline gave me:

"Timed Out
    Sorry! Too much time has passed since your last request. Click the button below to return to the sign in page." (The page took about 2 seconds to load.)

It appears that I am persona no grata.

However, when I went through the first stages of applying for a discount purchase of Xtreme Pro, my login and password took me to the correct page showing my name address etc.

So, I'm OK to buy Pro, fine. But, I want to check what I have purchased in the past and make copies of my reg. codes and they won't let me in.

Anyone else had any probs accessing their accounts?
    -- Bob

Default Re: What's up? Aren't we friends anymore?

Anyone else had any probs accessing their accounts?
    Nope just with the unlock of xara xtreme pro.
    On the site my passwords are accepted without any problem
    but in the unlock it doesn`t work.
    Changed my password, still no succes.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Yes, something's screwed up here. My login appears to work in some sections of the site and not others. I hope I don't get the unlock problem too.
    -- Bob

hi,
    I had some problems..sems if you bought some programs through Xara.com and some through XaraOne then you have different logins one don't accept the other. I had to send hint from both to find out which one I ordered Xtreme Through..maybe
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    hi,
    I had some problems..sems if you bought some programs through Xara.com and some through XaraOne then you have different logins one don't accept the other. I had to send hint from both to find out which one I ordered Xtreme Through..maybe
    Jim
    I will look into that, as fat as I know both wats showed the same
    inlogname, I have to check the paswords.
    Wouldn`t it be so much easier just to enter the key......

Ankor there was another post somewhere that you should download a fresh demo version and that's recognised for unlocking.
    Stratocast I had no bother with what you were experiencing.

"Timed Out
    Sorry! Too much time has passed since your last request. Click the button below to return to the sign in page." (The page took about 2 seconds to load.)"

The above error is displayed when a session cookie cannot be set.

The Xara Online service attempts to set a session cookie when accessing your Xara Online account. Session cookies are stored on the account holders PC. They are deleted once the account holder signs out of their account or following a period of inactivity.

Session cookies are required to allow the account holder to navigate from one page to another. If a session cookie were not set, the account holder would need to sign in each time they navigated from one page to another within their Xara Online account.

Please check your browser settings, along with the settings of any internet security application to ensure cookies can be set from app.xaraonline.com, xaraonline.com and xara.com.

[QUOTE=parahandy;185662]Ankor there was another post somewhere that you should download a fresh demo version and that's recognised for unlocking.
    [QUOTE]

I know parahandy, I did that, deleted the beta, installed the new trial.
    With the beta I couldn`t even try the unlock, but my problem is different.
    when I type in the correct e-mail and password (even changed my password
    later on, didn`t help, but my email and password have no problems on the site
    when I log in there) I get this popup "connect attempt failed, if you're sure you've entered your details correctly please try again later" when i type in any other(wrong) details I get a different popup namely "the sign in details are invalid". So you would guess that it DOES know that the correct details are given, only after that, it can`t connect with something?
    But thanks for the input anyway.
    The hint button also doesn`t work in the box, I get weird signs"there was a problem with the request. <some weird letters an symbols after that I`ll post the picture>"

Stratocast I had no bother with what you were experiencing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	popup.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	32664  

ankhor Please view

http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...eid=2313&nav=0

If youre getting the error 'connect attampt failed' then youre missing a registry key. The help article above will direct you to a download allowing you to download and extract a reg key from a zip file and merge it into your registry.

This should fix the problem

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    ankhor Please view

http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...eid=2313&nav=0

If youre getting the error 'connect attampt failed' then youre missing a registry key. The help article above will direct you to a download allowing you to download and extract a reg key from a zip file and merge it into your registry.

This should fix the problem
    Nope it doesn`t, the connect drawer was in the regedit, but I tried
    the zip file anyway, no change. maybe I am missing a step but I followed
    the instructions on the page. One of those things again I guess.

2 entries in the drawer connect (Standard (no values set)) and (StratusURL(http://app.xaraonline.com_stratus/webservice/ws4_......)

Hmm WS4 is probably webtsyle 4? So no reg for pro?

Thanks anyway, I guess the fault does lie here, I am just missing a step i guess.