Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Duplicating a logo

HI All,
    I have this logo on a site template and wondered if anyone knew how I could duplicate/build it using Xtreme?

Cheers
    Andy

http://www.orange-house.co.uk/assort...f/sun_logo.jpg

Default Re: Duplicating a logo

Very quickly traced your logo.
    Needs tweeking for colour and perhaps shape a little.
    All you need to do after is add the text, or redo it completly of course to do a better (slower) job.
    Derek
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's impressive.... but I think I need to play with Xtreme to be able to do that.... I am impressed.
    I downloaded the file but not much of an idea what I'd do to it... just call me FIK....

Have tried playing with it, although I couldn't reshape the corners ont he left to curves nor could I fill the text with a gradient of colour after chaging it to a bitmap object.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyD; 30 November 2006 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post

Have tried playing with it, although I couldn't reshape the corners ont he left to curves nor could I fill the text with a gradient of colour after chaging it to a bitmap object.

Andy
    Not sure what you mean about reshaping corners on the left...do you mean you want to make them rounder rather than the sharp point I drew?. I'll do it for you if you explain more.
    Also why change the text to a bitmap. If you find a font you like you can fill that with a fill of your choice and then convert to a bitmap if you need too.
    Derek

Here is how I did it with thanks to Derek.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Parahandy
    Those rectangle can be a bugger to draw can't they?
    To tell the truth I hadn't noticed the rounded corners on the rectangle; well spotted.
    Derek

Thank you Derek I hope Andy can follow my instructions I can do things myself but not very good at telling others how to do it. I almost called him FIK as he stated then realised he was joking "FIK as two planks"

Quote Originally Posted by parahandy View Post
    Thank you Derek I hope Andy can follow my instructions I can do things myself but not very good at telling others how to do it. I almost called him FIK as he stated then realised he was joking "FIK as two planks"
    I found your instructions to be quite clear and easy to follow. At first thought, I couldn't figure out why anyone would bother with rounding corners on only two sides, then it hit me...I can picture this being a really useful tool for designing web graphics!

Thanks.
    ---
    Will

Parahandy and/or Andy
    Another way to do the rounded corners on one side trick is to convert your rectangle to editable shapes after applying the required curve to the corners, lasso the points with the shape editor tool on the side you wish to remove the curve, select and delete the points on the vertical edge of the square one at a time which redraws the shape as a rectangle with rounded corners at one side and pointy ones on the other.
    That way you can also put one rectangle with rounded and pointy corners inside anther one as a single object to apply a bevel etc.
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rectangel.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	32721   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rectangle.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	32722  

Last edited by masque; 30 November 2006 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks Derek I knew there was another way as is was in another thread lately but I couldn't remember how.
    Will. thanks to you as well