Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Flash Animation help

Alison,

I have tried it on two machines, both with Intel 3 GHz CPUs. One (my laptop), has 2 Gb RAM and the nVIDIA G-Force FX card. The desktop has 4 Gb RAM and an ATI Radeon X-1650 Pro graphic card.

Both run your xar file smoothly and export to smooth flash animations.

Sounds like you are running quality equipment, so I can't figure out where the problem might be. This is a serious challenge!

But there are some awesome talents on this forum (I do not include myself in that group, but Soquili definitely falls in that category) and I'll bet it will be solved!
    ---
    Will

I saw a post in another thread about someone having problems with Xtreme Pro on their 64 bit system. He mentioned some of the XPE icons were not showing and some other problems.

Alison can you check to see if you have some of the same issue that Radices mentions in the thread http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=24509

This is a very interesting problem. I don't have any 64 bit systems to work with, hopefully Xara Group Ltd has some on hand.
    Last edited by Soquili; 29 November 2006 at 09:10 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I found no problem viewing your xar file in swf. Like Will & Bill I found it worked as expected.

I've imported each subsequent swf into Flash8 and this is my findings.

The xar file that works okay on my machine had two Symbols, the black rectangle and the text XARA.

The first attached swf "text from Frame 1.swf" contains 3 Symbols, the black rectangle, a double white XARA text and a single pale blue XARA text.

The second attached swf "text from Frame 2.swf" contains 3 Symbols, the black rectangle, a single white XARA text and a double pale blue XARA text.

No idea what's going on but it's very intriguing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.1.gif 
Views:	177 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	32701  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I attach a xar file. Can you export it as a swf and post it here (Perhaps renaming it slightly). Could other members tell me what results they get?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I attach a xar file. Can you export it as a swf and post it here (Perhaps renaming it slightly). Could other members tell me what results they get?
    This is what I have.

"Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Egg--

I got the same thing that Raymond got. Worked perfectly for me.

Wish Alison would try this. I'm really confesed with what might have gone wrong there!
    ---
    Will

Yep, that's the way it should and does work for the majority. That's why I'm hoping Sgiff or Alison can come up with a different result. That way it's easier to track down the cause. Thanks for your help.
    Egg

Yayyyyy! I see tweens!!!

To do it, I have to preview/export from Frame 1, a background only frame. Even more interesting, Frame 1 can be completely empty. The framing rectangle can exist on the other frames or not at all.

Attached are four swfs made from the Sgiff file Egg posted. The number at the end of the name indicates which frame I was on when I exported. Also attached is the error message I get when I open that xar file.

Bill, I don't have any of the problems noted in the thread re XP64.

Allison

BTW, to whomever is writing the error messages: that semicolon between "includes" and "Flash" should be a colon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	erm_loading_Sgiff.png 
Views:	177 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	32737  
    Last edited by amoore; 30 November 2006 at 03:59 PM.

You're confussing me now Allison. Firstly the warning message is probably due to my using an older version of XXPro as I hadn't downloaded the latest version then.

The frame number that you are on shouldn't make diddly squat to the final animation. I'm intrigued now on how you've managed to get 4 different animations all from the same xar file.
    Egg

Now you know why I've been banging my head on the desk.