Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Flash Animation help

Ok so I am trying to see what this flash animation can do and I'm following the help file for creating a new flash movie and this is the instructions:

Create a new animation document. To do this:
    • Choose File > New > Animation (shortcut Ctrl+Shift+N)
    • Or click the New Animation button on the Standard control bar.

A new document will open, and you will see the animation control bar appear that contains some new controls.

Draw a simple black rectangle. Give it no fill color.

Draw a simple shape, such as the QuickShape star (but it can be any shape).

Click the Create New Names button on the Selector tool InfoBar and name it 'shape'.

>>>>Name what shape. I have created two shapes so do I select both shapes or what, it doesn't say both shapes and the last shape I created was a quick shape so that is what is selected, so am I to assume that I am creating a name for this shape and not the rectangle, what is the rectangle for.<<<<<

Click the Copy Frame button to create your 2nd key frame.

Transform the shape as required. You can adjust it using any of the six core transforms described earlier in core principles.

Press the Preview Flash button to see the animation.

>>No matter what I do even if I create only one shape and follow these exact instructions I always end up with these errors on previewing the flash.

Frame 1: Duplicate tween name <2 objects> of rectangle and QuickShape
    Frame 1: Duplicate tween name <2 objects> of rectangles
    Frame 1: Duplicate tween name <2 objects> of QuickShape and rectangle
    Frame 1: Duplicate tween name <2 objects> of QuickShapes
    Frame 1: Unpaired tween name <2 objects> of rectangle
    Frame 1: Unpaired tween name <2 objects> of QuickShape <<<<<<<<<

I tried following Garys tutorial exactly and I get the same duplicate tween name error. steps: create animation -- draw shape -- name shape -- copy frame -- adjust shape -- preview

Default Re: Flash Animation help

You only name the objects that move. So if the rectangle stays put, don't name it. The quickshape, which moves, is therefore the only one that needs a name.

In order to save you having to remove names, probably best to start a new animation again.

Oh and there's now a new video tutorial showing how to create a Flash animation which is available from our site.
    http://www.xara.com/products/xtreme/demos/

Just because an object is named and not moved and you get an error message will not prevent the animation from working as you want.

The error messages just let you know what is what.
    Some mean you have a problem, some don't.

At first I found this thing most annoying, now I find it most useful, for if there is a problem, identifying its cause is relatively easy.

"Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Thanks, I'll try those suggestions.

What sgiff is seeing is exactly the problem I've been having. I've gone over and over the help file. I just downloaded the movie and watched it. Then I duplicated the steps. No joy.

The error has nothing to do with naming shapes that don't move.

Attached are two swf files. In one, the export is initiated from Frame 1, and in the other, from Frame 2. The xar file is also attached.

sgiff, could you post some info about your rig? I may be grasping at straws, but, hey, it's worth a shot.

I'm using an AMD64 3200 with 2gb RAM, a Matrox P650 64mb video card (AGP), and XP SP2.
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK it's becoming evident that some people, and very few people are seeing something very strange with Flash output. We can't reproduce this, but clearly something is not working for some. You should be able to open the clipart gallery and do a Get Clipart and load the Flash examples, then preview them and they should just work - no warning and no errors. If they produce errors, there is a problem.

We have one report from someone who had this problem, that it went away after an un-install and re-install. So you might try that. We'd like to try and get to the bottom of this.

Hi Alison,

When I opened your .xar file this is the animation I see and export.

I'm not sure how the double text is in your .swf files.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bill...

When I opened Alison't XAR file, I get the same results you did. Very smooth animation from small white text to large green text. Looks nice and attractive. The swf files, though, are seriously messed up!

The first just flashes small white then large green...no movement or tweening.

The second shows double text only.

Could it have something to do with not converting the text to editable objects?

I can't duplicate the problem.
    ---
    Will

Velly eenteresting...

First of all, Bill, I can't tell you what a relief it is to know that I'm not just being incompetent. You have made my day.

Secondly, it's happening to me on both my machines. Both are Velocity AMD64s with Matrox P650 cards. At this point, I don't know where else to look for the guilty party.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMoonHP View Post
    Could it have something to do with not converting the text to editable objects?
    Nope. Most of my attempts have been with shapes, either a star or a rectangle.

And to be sure that I was answering you truthfully, I just tried it again with a star converted to editable shape. The animation is just as messed up as usual.