Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default corel x3 export to photoshop cs2

Ok, i've searched the forum and google also for this and i haven't been able to find an answer:

I have a vector logo drawn in corel draw X3. I want to import it into photoshop as a path.
    I've tried exporting to everything and nothing imports right in photoshop
    EPS' open as bitmap (they raster on import)
    AI's either do not open (some parse error) or open as empty
    PSD open as pixel data also.
    copy / paste also rasterizes

How can i do this? Is there a way to export from corel and import a vector to photoshop?

Please dont tell me to install Illustrator.

help
    thank you

Edit: PFD also import as pixels
    IP

Default Re: corel x3 export to photoshop cs2

There is a script from Oberon Place to allow you to copy and paste data as Adobe Illustrator would and you want the Copy AI format/Paste AI format. I've tried it and it works in to Photoshop CS2. You do not have to own Adobe Illustrator to do it.

When you get the script, you must put it in your GMS folder in the DRAW folder in Program files, then restart DRAW, then you can access the script via the play button of Visual Basic Editor from within DRAW. OberonPlace.com does not charge for this download. Also many useful scripts there for DRAW.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Can you perhaps import the vectors as work paths? Or perhaps as a clipping mask?
    IP

No, there is no other way to get this path he needs into Photoshop. I have experimented with .eps in many ways, and it doesn't work. What I posted does work, anyway, the download is free, suggest getting it as free isn't always free forever and it is very useful.

Interestingly enough, it is a method that gets a path into Photoshop, doesn't work with PhotoPaint. In this case it is PhotoPain.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Thank you very much.
    I'll get that and try it today

Thanks for your quick reply

Edit: i downloaded it and it works perfect. Its just what i needed
    http://www.oberonplace.com/vba/drawm...oard/index.htm - here is the page if anyone else is interested

Thabks again
    Last edited by olias32; 28 November 2006 at 10:44 AM.
    IP

Yep. Sally's right. This is the only practical method because Adobe refuse to allow normal import of .ai into PS as paths. I guess it's to encourage the use of AI, which you can drag and drop from into PS.

I tried for ever to find a workaround for this when I had CD9 installed, (the script only works post CD9). The only other method was exporting as a .pfb font which was very cumbersome.

Been using the Oberon script with a shortcut key for over a year now and never had a problem with it. Assign a key and it works just like Ctrl/C.

Sark
    IP

I did not suppose there is an excellent and simple way
    Thank You, Sally!
    [i've bought Ill unnecessary ]
    IP

GMan,

I don't know much about paths, but this an E3 copy and paste into PSCS as paths.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paths.jpg 
Views:	1224 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	33880  
    IP

Adobe likes to make things tough. And they of course don't like Corel at all. Funny thing is that you can use the Bridge even with CorelDRAW files but they come up microscopic, however, Xara files are a decent preview size.

I've taken on most things to just using PhotoPaint as it is much easier to access from DRAW. And now I am also using Xara at work, which means that the only time now I am openning Photoshop is for customer files. Xara effects all are editable, and copy paste from DRAW into Xara, you just paste as Corel 32 Presentation and it is very easy and handy to do that.

Bringing a Xara file in via OLE is worthless, however as you loose all quality and it looks like crap.

Even though I like Photoshop generally, I hate Adobe politics. For a program that costs so much, you'd expect more user friendliness. Instead you get that from the little guys who actually want and need your business.

BTW, Rich, what is an E3?

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Sally,

Expression 3. I use the Creature House Expression 3.2 to color my drawings. The Microsoft Expression 3.3 (free download) has been made available again. The PC version anyway. There is a Mac version, but I didn't follow that availability. Rich

http://www.microsoft.com/products/ex...downloads.mspx
    IP