Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Xara Speed

Default Re: Xara Speed

Yes, I agree. They've got some silly triangular field next to the shopping centre, surely it should be a football stadium? Who would play games in a slice of pizza?

..Ducks head ;-)

Nicolae...

I'd sweep your floors and wash your dishes just for the opportunity to watch over your shoulder and LEARN!
    ---
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMoonHP View Post
    Nicolae...

I'd sweep your floors and wash your dishes just for the opportunity to watch over your shoulder and LEARN!
    ---
    Will
    I guess it's only a matter of practice and a lot of patience

Availor, it's not that hard to sweep the floor, but dishes are a real skill.. ;-)

I also do a lot of drawing with ink and markers.

I use TVPaint for freehand drawing and painting with the computer, and Cinema 4D for typical 3D illustrations.

I then always use Xara for editing, compositing, final layout and rendering to CD, web or printing.

I like all these different tools, they all have their advantages. Working in Xara I am applying a lot of techniques and 'tricks' learned from the other ones.

I apologize for hogging your space with other type of drawings, but Xara was also part of their completion.

Thank you for all the comments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NicolaeX8.jpg 
Views:	740 
Size:	615.8 KB 
ID:	32709  

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Availor, it's not that hard to sweep the floor, but dishes are a real skill.. ;-)
    Grrr... no no no no dishes! No floor I hate cleaning! I just HATE cleaning! Bad example

I apologize for hogging your space with other type of drawings, but Xara was also part of their completion.
    Nicolae are you kidding, we'd love to see you post more! You are doing wonderful work and this is a graphics related forum. I am sure many people are inspired by your work

stunning stuff can you do a mini tut? for say the horse or car in your first picture? can that be done in xara alone or is it finished in xara?

Quote Originally Posted by suunto View Post
    stunning stuff can you do a mini tut? for say the horse or car in your first picture? can that be done in xara alone or is it finished in xara?
    Hi Suunto,

as Nicolae said, some of the objects, he used in his graphics are photo objects. If you look at the cars, you're able to see, that these are photo objects (try to look through the windows of the cars). And as you can see in Nicolae's short tutorial (post #18), the horses are also photo objects.

The great idea is, to produce such colorful graphics together with a high detail level in order to please the eyes of the viewer.

Remi
    Last edited by remi; 30 November 2006 at 11:10 PM. Reason: typo

Amazing work Nicolae, very inspiring and a fresh approach to work with Xara.
    Regarding your question about speed, and the reply given by Charles, the only thing i can suggest is an upgrade to your hardware. Instead of using one common hard drive, i sugest buying two harddrives conected in RAID0 to give you that extra boost.
    They will behave like just one (bigger) hardrive but since there´s two heads writing data you will reduce the writting times by half.
    You can even go a little further (althought spending a little more) if you buy two Western Digital Raptor hardrives (150 Gb, 10000 RPM, 16 Mb cache) and connect them in RAID0 since those are the fastest hardrives on the market today (around 250€ each). Note that your motherboard/PC must have a RAID controller.

If you do a lot of that type of work this investiment will certainly compensate later.
    Thanks for the insights about the way you work. Very appreciated.

Miguel,

( Thank you.)

I have a SCSI 39320 and one Atlas 15K 36GB in this computer.
    If I add one more Atlas for a Raid0, it should compare well with the Raptors, I think ?

I always thought of Raid as security first.

Thanks for the consultation.