Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

OK, here we go. Based on Dan's and James' proposal, I'd like to ask everyone in this forum to limit bug report posts and complaints to this thread, so it will be easier for the XARA team to trace the bug reports. In addition, they won't lead to confusions with other threads anymore.

Got the message? Or do you disagree? Come on, give it to me :-))

ciao,
    jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

OK, here we go. Based on Dan's and James' proposal, I'd like to ask everyone in this forum to limit bug report posts and complaints to this thread, so it will be easier for the XARA team to trace the bug reports. In addition, they won't lead to confusions with other threads anymore.

Got the message? Or do you disagree? Come on, give it to me :-))

ciao,
    jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Surely the best way to report bugs to Xara Ltd is to EMAIL them to Xara Ltd?

I'd see the role of a forum like this as ideal for discussing suspected bugs and features and sifting out the real bugs from "nut behind the keyboard" problems.

One thread for ALL bugs is not good. The best way IS the way it is now... One thread per bug.

One thread for all bugs would be much to difficult for everyone to keep track of and to participate in. Total chaos IMHO. ONE thread for ALL bugs would much too large to manage, spread over several pages, and too difficult to follow any single issue in a mess of many.

We now have one bug per thread and ALL message in there are regarding ONE bug. Easy, normal, focused, specific to one issue and clearly the best way to continue.

One thread for all is NOT a good idea. Sorry!

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!

Another practical reason why this would not work is that this Forum software seems to place a rather small limit on the length of a thread.
    I don't know whether it's a text limit or a limit on the number of entries.

Perhaps other people have tried to add to a thread already containing about 20+ entries, and found that the message did not appear?

Bryan

I see your point, ed, so why not have a separate forum for the bugs, so as we can keep this forum for more general Xara questions / issues / tutorials / samples?

James

Yes that might be worth while.

I suspect, however, that this "XaraX" forum will turn into just that, when these few bugs get ironed out. Besides having a seperate forum just for bugs does not look good to would be buyers. No company would proudly host such a forum but I may be wrong on this. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

What would help also is when someone posts a new topic that they put the word "bug" in the topic heading so that everyone knows this is not about tips and tricks.

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!

I was informed by Daniel (of Digital Red) that there isn't a thread length limit after all as I had thought. I didn't see the small "1 | 2 ..." on the top left and bottom right which are used to access the other pages. Sorry.

Later,
    Bryan