Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Xtreme/Pro - Users Requests of Features, Improvements and Fixes

First of all My proposition is to make this thread a sticky thread.
    My request after one year of using Xara:
    My requests of functionality are focused especialy on layer gallery:

1. Double click Rename a layer. (without additional unnecessary
    popup as it is in XPRO) Now Its 4 clicks to raname a layer!!! It
    could be only 2 clicks or 1 click with Alt or Ctrl. Bear in mind our wirsts.
    Why I must do 4 reduntant clicks to simply rename ?

2. Folders and subfolders in Layer Gallery. Collapsing part of Layer
    tree or Group of Layer is very handy. In future it could be possible to applying properties/colors and so on to all layers/objects in Folder. By simply dragging or ctrl+c and Alt+v on selected folder.

3. Visibility of layer switch while dragging mouse over visibility ticks.

4. Fix of fullscreen toggle NUMpad8

Thank You for your work. It's enhancing and speed up my work. That's
    why I felt in love in Xara.

Simon Kulik

p.s I know that there are many request around the forum. I truly believe that WE Users of Xara could organize requests in one clean thread. Without unnecesary discusion. We can repost and edit every request Here. To one stable thread. Personally I don't know where to find users reqests. Simply don't have time to diging in 500 posts included word: request.
    I think that from the developers point of view it's simpler to parse the users feedback by looking into one clean&fat thread. Without digging in thousands of posts. Cheers.
    Last edited by Simon Kulik; 22 November 2006 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Simply don't want to multiply post.

Default Re: Xara Xtreme/Pro - Users Requests of Features, Improvements and Fixes

Well, the developers generally seem happy to hear user requests, but I think they are focused on bug fixing right now.

Xtreme is indeed a sweet piece of software.

Having said that, there are many threads like this requesting new features or enhancements. The fact so many of us always want more, must make their task seem quite thankless and never-ending LOL!

Default Re: Xara Xtreme/Pro - Users Requests of Features, Improvements and Fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Kulik View Post
    1. Double click Rename a layer. (without additional unnecessary
    popup as it is in XPRO) Now Its 4 clicks to raname a layer!!! It
    could be only 2 clicks or 1 click with Alt or Ctrl. Bear in mind our wirsts.
    Why I must do 4 reduntant clicks to simply rename ?
    Well it's just double click, rename, enter. Which is what you're asking for isn't it? Not sure how you got to 4 clicks.

2. Folders and subfolders in Layer Gallery. Collapsing part of Layer
    tree or Group of Layer is very handy. In future it could be possible to applying properties/colors and so on to all layers/objects in Folder. By simply dragging or ctrl+c and Alt+v on selected folder.
    The sub-folder thing has come up before, but I think it's one of those 'big work' jobs and isn't top of the priorities list.

p.s I know that there are many request around the forum. I truly believe that WE Users of Xara could organize requests in one clean thread. Without unnecesary discusion. We can repost and edit every request Here. To one stable thread. Personally I don't know where to find users reqests. Simply don't have time to diging in 500 posts included word: request.
    I think that from the developers point of view it's simpler to parse the users feedback by looking into one clean&fat thread. Without digging in thousands of posts. Cheers.
    There are lists out there in the forum. I think lists are both good and bad. Good as you say as it may avoid repetition, but bad because people see it as a chart of importance and what will be done. But I know Charles has a master list of things that can or will be done. And if something crops up in here it will be read by someone at Xara and noted down. So it's never a problem if you air your thoughts. And as has been shown with Pro recently, things that are said in TalkGraphisc do have an impact on the product.

Thanks
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    Well it's just double click, rename, enter. Which is what you're asking for isn't it? Not sure how you got to 4 clicks.
    If I may presume... I read Simon's suggestion as being that it would be nice to double click on a layer and have that action trigger a rename operation, so that you'd double-click and type the new name - two clicks of the mouse. I think he was further suggesting that it would be nice if it could be coded so that holding down the ctrl or the alt key while clicking on the layer would have the same effect, reducing further the number of clicks necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
    ...reducing further the number of clicks necessary.
    Yeap This is a point. People who work in graphic industry know the problem of RSI but not many developers think about minimizing the couse. To many clicks are real problem for people who working mainly opposite the computer.
    I think Xara is on good way to minimize couse of RSI in their software.
    Simplicity of tools/ automated reducing points is proof of that. I even don't want to know how much clicks I should do in adobe's AI to get results of Xara couple of mouse moves.

I'm asking about next step in simplicity of Xara's GUI.

Please read about RSI at Wiki:
    Repetitive Strain Injury
    And here:
    Workrave.org

Best Regards
    Simon Kulik

p.s. Sorry for my not perfect english is not my native lang.
    Last edited by Simon Kulik; 22 November 2006 at 11:27 PM.

It's on the wish list that single click does a rename, like file rename. Won't get done for Pro timescale, but hopefully future versions along with various other layer gallery updates.

I'm not sure of the practicality of maintaining a single wish list in one thread - it would be huge and few people agree what should or should not be on the wish list. But we do keep a master list internally, of all feature suggestion, from this forum, customer feedback and our own internally generated suggestions (which is where the single click rename came from some time ago). The list is not small.

And every click really is important to us, and we pride ourselves that more can we done in Xara with fewer clicks, fewer menus, fewer dialogs than any other software (although we can always improve, such as layer rename).