Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: graphic size

Default graphic size

I have a web page and the web is designed to accept different pixel sizes.
    example I have several pages and I post ads on these pages. If the size is
    350 x 250 I use my Xara Xtreme to set the page size through the page option and I create ads and place them on the 350 x 250 page and export them to a folder then upload them to my web page. My problem is my ads are very blurred and I talked to my web man and he looked and told me that the ads that I was uploading were smaller than the page required and when the ad got to my web page that the web page would make it fit the page.
    So even tho I resize the Xtreme the graphic ads I put on them do not stay the same.
    The only way I have found to fix the problem is to reduce my page then take the retangle design and go over my reduced page and turn it white and then place my ads on that. When I do this it comes out pretty clear but this is alot of trouble. Does anyone know anything about this and can you adivse me.
    thanks
    barry

Default Re: graphic size

Ignore page Xara's page size and draw your graphic at 350 x 350.

That will work nicely.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    Ignore page Xara's page size and draw your graphic at 350 x 350.
    barryb, he means 350x250
    -- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by stratocast View Post
    barryb, he means 350x250
    Yup - whatever size you want.
    Sorry about that.

Thanx Bob .
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Yes, for web work, always create graphics at the size they will be on the web page. If you make graphics larger, downloads take longer and you rely on the browser scaling them down well. If you make the graphics smaller, the browser will scale them up and the graphic will become pixelllated. If you want a picture gallery display where you click on a thumbnail to enlarge it, create the graphics in both thumbnail and full sizes.

Thanks for all the tips here.

Recently I have wondered why my photographs looked terrible when I posted them in my gallery using Splats: http://www.chaossoftware.com/digitalsplats/

The answer is that I have been trying to use larger digital pictures, whereas before, I always scaled down my graphics to about 500 X 300 when using my ordinary film camera photographs. You have provided the reason why.
    TJB

What resolution are you exporting your images at? You should be using 96dpi.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host