I find when I formating/reformatting tabsettings, be it in graphics program or a wordprocessor, there are 3 basic functions essential for efficient editing:

1. The ability to change the alignment property of an existing tab stop(s).
2. The abilty to reuse a set of tab stops elsewhere in the text stream.
3. The ability to quickly erase all or to reset all tabs stops to get back to a default setting.

Without these it is very time consuming to achieve a consistent format (that is a consistent appearance) throughout a document.

So my question is this. I didn't find a means to any of the above. Am I overlooking something?

If NOT, then are there plans in implement any of the above?

I would, of course, expect Xara LTD to come up with a unique, simple and logical way to achieve this. :-} A possible solution would to be to have a copy, a paste, and a reset icon in the text Info Bar or in the ruler itself (similar to what they have for the Mould Tool Info Bar). Also, allow the user to right-click on a tab stop and choose a different alignment property from a dropdown list or submenu. Copy and paste would work lke this: user clicks the text cursor in a line of text which contains the tab layout they want to reproduce, they click on the copy icon, then click the text cursor in a line of text the want to reformat, and then they click on the paste icon (if the cursor is not in the first sentence of a paragarph, then a hard-return is placed at the beginning of the "current sentence".