Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bullet list in XPRO ?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    Text flow around shapes or irregular frames is quite high on the list actually, but then there are a lot of things high on the list. If lots of people buy the product, we'll employ some more programmers and it will get done sooner. That's the simple economics of it really.
    I was over at Ashridge the other day - nice countryside!
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tonylondon View Post
    Thanks for making that clear! To read between the lines it isn't particularly high on the to do list. Ah, well, never mind, presumably I'm in the minority for asking for it.

Tony
    No you're not - i'm with you. Let's hope XaraPro will sell good.

I think Xara has to advertise its 25years existence so new users will feel save for xara not to disappear tomorrow, if there are features missing it will come in future.

I did a Workbook some time ago on Wrapping Text Around an Object. It is not automatic but it can be done and it can be done (IMHO) better than you can do it automatically because manually wrapping the text gives you a lot more control over kerning and tracking as well as word breaks.

The biggest problem with the method in the Workbook is that if you edit the text or reflow it, you pretty much have to start from scratch.

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text_wrap_05.gif 
Views:	184 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	32366  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I did a Workbook some time ago on [url=www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook33/page_6.htm]

The biggest problem with the method in the Workbook is that if you edit the text or reflow it, you pretty much have to start from scratch.

Gary
    Exactly!

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Nostaw View Post
    No you're not - i'm with you. Let's hope XaraPro will sell good.
    I wonder, I haven't yet decided whether there's enough in it to justify myself buying it.

Tony