Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bullet list in XPRO ?

I think there was a posting that said bullets could be applied to the next text features in XPRO.

If so, how is this to be accomplished? I could not find anything the Help File when I did a search for bullet(s).

John

Default Re: Bullet list in XPRO ?

Nope - well not automatic bullet lists, but you can now, thanks to the margin control and tabs, create proper hanging indents, so it's not difficult to create things like this;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bullets.png 
Views:	408 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	32237  

So you just inserted a symbol character, right?

Yes, the bottom three are Wingdings font character, the top one is a normal bullet.

Bullets, leaders its all there if you know where to look, or if you wait to have it pointed out. Excellent.
    Now how about 'text wrapping'?
    Derek

Hi Charles,

creating a Bullet list is possible, but it's not user friendly. We all know these discussions about usability here and we know, this "workaround" is a new candidate for this kind of discussions.

Perhaps, you're able to add the following functionality in short time:
    • Add some Buttons to create bullet lists and ordered lists.
    • These Buttons acts in reality like small macros. The only function of these buttons is, to set some attributes at the cursor position: they add a hanging indent to the current paragraph (current left margin + n Millimeters to the right) and inserts a default symbol character. It's the same functionality like the editor of this forum offers.
    • The Buttons has to be "toggle" buttons. If a user deselects a previously selected Button, the "macro" has to remove the hanging indent together with the first symbol character of the paragraph.

Regards,
    Remi
    Last edited by remi; 17 November 2006 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Bullets, leaders its all there if you know where to look, or if you wait to have it pointed out. Excellent.
    Now how about 'text wrapping'?
    Derek
    Now that's something I've been asking for for years. So do the text frames have to be rectangular or can you flow type through irregular shaped frames?

I would check this myself but having a very slow dialup and pay as you go I am unable to download the beta,

Tony

Text wrapping around objects or irregular frames is not part of Pro - we hope to add it in future of course, like a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    Text wrapping around objects or irregular frames is not part of Pro - we hope to add it in future of course, like a lot of things.
    Thanks for making that clear! To read between the lines it isn't particularly high on the to do list. Ah, well, never mind, presumably I'm in the minority for asking for it.

Tony

Text flow around shapes or irregular frames is quite high on the list actually, but then there are a lot of things high on the list. If lots of people buy the product, we'll employ some more programmers and it will get done sooner. That's the simple economics of it really.