Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Xara beta bugs

Default Re: Xara beta bugs

Yeah, it's not fair. Some TalkGraphics users aren't paying for their upgrades. Rumour has it that Charles didn't pay for his.. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    If this is the start of a petition for that, I am hereby signing it. Moderators of this forum should get free upgrades.
    In that case so should we for if it wasn't for us no mods would be needed.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    Availor, I've heard rumours, Administrators of this forum will get a free copy of a Xtreme Pro upgrade, especially if they are students.

Go for it and ask Charles.

(Ok, ok, it's only my idea. But I really think, they are able to support you, because your income in Israel isn't too high as in Europe or the States and you're doing a lot of work in supporting this community. Therefore, I think it's a good idea to ask Xara Ltd. for a free upgrade.)
    Ah ok thanks but I'm not really up for charity, though if I really think of this it would be nice

I dont like getting things for free, I like to earn my way in.

Edit:
    Availor, I've heard rumours, Administrators of this forum will get a free copy of a Xtreme Pro upgrade, especially if they are students.
    Oh remi, I was not given such promotion yet
    Last edited by Availor; 19 November 2006 at 12:49 PM.

Thumbs down Re: Xara beta bugs

I have just tried to run the beta on a "restricted" XP account i.e don't have full admin. The programme won't run - I get a dialog box with the following text

"You do not have sufficient access rights to run the programme on this computer".

If the ultimate intention for Xtreme Pro is the professional or corporate market then this needs to be fixed!

Surprisingly XPE Pro will run ok.

Yes we are aware of this, but present versions require Admin rights (because of things like download movies and plug-ins that are put into the Xara Program Files folder - amongst other reasons).

We will address this before the final release - and similar issues for Windows Vista as well (the current version runs fine on Vista but you have to provide more than normal access right again).

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Yeah, it's not fair. Some TalkGraphics users aren't paying for their upgrades. Rumour has it that Charles didn't pay for his.. ;-)
    I heard old age pensioners are to get it free along with our winterheat allowance and free TV licence et al, hee! hee!

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    Duke of Thomas gets it for free then?
    Ssshhhhh let sleeping dogs lie

In beta if you close all documents and try to close the program by clicking on the above right cross icon, you can't because it disappears when you move your mouse over it. Then you must go by File/Exit.

Kindly,
    ivan

Problem with PDF-X export. This is using an embedded font, notice the alignment of the bottom of the first paragraph of text versus the blue area at the top. Seems to me that Acrobat Reader has increased the leading. Okay so it's an old, old Adobe bug, which long ago started me sending files to the bureau as hires TIFF, but is there no way to trick Acrobat into rendering correctly?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xoutput.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	32303  
    Last edited by jwhitham; 19 November 2006 at 08:11 PM.

Unhappy Maybe another bug?

Hi Guys,

When I try to copy and paste a MS Visio drawing Xara Xtreme Pro gives the fllowing message: An error was detected in the metafile. the import was being aborted. Also the import for bitmap or device independent bitmap doesn't work.

I'll atach the file Visio file for testing purposes.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by frits; 19 November 2006 at 09:01 PM. Reason: attachment not seen

Quote Originally Posted by jwhitham View Post
    Problem with PDF-X export. This is using an embedded font, notice the alignment of the bottom of the first paragraph of text versus the blue area at the top. Seems to me that Acrobat Reader has increased the leading. Okay so it's an old, old Adobe bug, which long ago started me sending files to the bureau as hires TIFF, but is there no way to trick Acrobat into rendering correctly?
    This bug has been fixed for the release. It was introduced when text areas were made compatible with previous versions of the program (they load in as old style text columns).

Gerry