Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Xara beta bugs

Default Re: Xara beta bugs

Regarding the Pages thing. And this isn't strictly a bug, but could we have a quick zoom icon/toolbar/shortcut for fit to document? I fnd myself automatically fitting to page but meaning to fit to document.

Note to self. Read the full post before opening mouth and removing all doubt that you didn't know the full answer.
    Last edited by Soquili; 17 November 2006 at 07:18 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I was looking at the "pipework" guest tutorial and therefore making much use of the bevel tool and join types in particular.

For an ellipse the join types of mitre/round/bevel dont make sense because there are no joins on a smooth ellipse.

In XaraExtreme the buttons behave in a "radio" fashion but nothing changes because there are no joins. This seems correct.

However in ExtremePro I noticed that if the first object on the page was a bevelled ellipse then the buttons lost their "radio" behaviour and multiple buttons could be selected.

Now this is hardly a "bug" of any significance but it might be indicative of some other hidden/undiscovered problem so I thought I'd mention it.

BTW I had to search all the bug posts to make sure I was reporting something new. Maybe we need a "bugs so far summary" to make life easier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bevel003.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	32244  

Default Contour on text bug is still present in XXP

This bug is still present in Xtreme Pro.

Type some text, apply a rounded contour (yep, then change the number of steps from 4 to 1 - who needs 4?), apply a drop shadow, then change a word or two. The words update but the contour doesn't.

PS: The Colour Editor has still got the Colour Picker locked away in the top left of its window. Can't the Picker be liberated from that window to have its own button, or have a Xsnortcut entry so that we can apply our own shortcut to it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Contour Bug.png 
Views:	268 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	32245  

Default Serious Error: Access violation Exception Offset 0x00006464

Steps.

1.1 Create 3 landscape pages
    1.2 On Pg1 created two text frames. 1st frame with tabs and text then
    1.3 created a new paragraph and removed tabs and continued to type text until it flowed to the 2nd frame.
    2.1. Import a PNG file, scaled it down a bit and positioned along the bottom of pg 1.
    2.2. Cicked on image, held the left and right mouse buttions
    2.3 and dragged the image near the top of the next page and released the right button to place a copy.

Serious error. Cancelled., error message repeats itself in a loop.. ... Xara crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    Regarding the Pages thing. And this isn't strictly a bug, but could we have a quick zoom icon/toolbar/shortcut for fit to document? I fnd myself automatically fitting to page but meaning to fit to document.
    Zoom to drawing shortcut is ctrl+shift+J. It zooms to all objects on the selected page. ctrl+shift+Z zooms to selected objects only. See help file keyboard shortcuts for others.

Default psd import

psd files dont import correctly

Nested layers all show on one level (not that big a problem)
    Layer names containing Umlauts are not displayed correctly.
    Warnings on text layers that result in raster layers which means you cant work on the text.

Juergen

Quote Originally Posted by keithhemsley View Post
    I'm working on a two sided A5 flyer - so I've created 2 A5 pages. I had expected that any vertical guidelines I created on the first page would continue down to the second - but they don't.
    Start with page 1, add your guidelines, go Edit>Pages>Duplicate current page. The only problem is, that if you then wish to add more vertical guidelines, they only appear on the selected page - bummer.

Actually, the more I think about this, the more I believe that this is a serious omission. Not a bug, though.
    Last edited by stratocast; 18 November 2006 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Upon reflection
    -- Bob

Default Re: Serious Error: Access violation Exception Offset 0x00006464

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    Steps.

1.1 Create 3 landscape pages
    1.2 On Pg1 created two text frames. 1st frame with tabs and text then
    1.3 created a new paragraph and removed tabs and continued to type text until it flowed to the 2nd frame.
    2.1. Import a PNG file, scaled it down a bit and positioned along the bottom of pg 1.
    2.2. Cicked on image, held the left and right mouse buttions
    2.3 and dragged the image near the top of the next page and released the right button to place a copy.

Serious error. Cancelled., error message repeats itself in a loop.. ... Xara crashed.
    Nope, I tried that and a lot of permutations, but couldn't get Xara to crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    Zoom to drawing shortcut is ctrl+shift+J. It zooms to all objects on the selected page. ctrl+shift+Z zooms to selected objects only. See help file keyboard shortcuts for others.
    There's also a "Zoom to drawing" icon on the Window Control Bar and in the Button Palette.
    -- Bob