Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Xara beta bugs

Default Re: Xara beta bugs

Availor, this may not be a bug!

Remember that if your Pro file uses any of the new features not found in Xtreme, it would'nt know what to do with the file!

Now if Pro could not open a file created in Xtreme, that would be scary!
    ---
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMoonHP View Post

Remember that if your Pro file uses any of the new features not found in Xtreme, it would'nt know what to do with the file!

---
    Will
    I stated this as a bug because Xara Xtreme is still availible, accordingly to what Antony and Charels said. Anyway, I have a problem now, since I have 5 days left until the trial is over, and I have many multipage files. Good thing Ican still install it on my laptop to extend the trial period

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    There seems to be another bug: I can't open Xara Xtreme pro Files with Xara Xtreme - it gives me an error.
    Seems fair enough to me. Should older software be able to open files generated by newer software?

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMoonHP View Post

---
    Will
    Actually that may be a bug after all; The file format that Xara uses is supposed to allow extensions to the file format, so that if there's any data in there that it doesn't understand, it just gets ignored.

All of the Pro files that I've attempted to open in regular Xtreme have opened fine, but with a warning about ignoring unknown data for "flash properties", for example.

Of course, that being said, I could imagine a situation in which multi-page data was stored in such a way that Xtreme would just ignore the whole shebang, so nothing would appear when you open the file. So you never know.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Payne View Post
    Xara still seems to be suffering from a long standing issue with TIFF files that contain colour profiles. The attached image shows the same TIFF file drawn in both Xara and in Office. As you can see, the Xara version doesn't look so good.

The original TIFF file I used is here.
    Jon how did you enhance that photo in xara!
    I think the xara side looks much better.
    Especially the screen!

I believe that Availor meant that he is received the error message, not that the file fails to open at all.

I made a couple of tests, one opening an Xtreme Pro flash animation file with Xtreme. And a second opening an Xtreme Pro 3 page text .xar file using Xtreme.

Odd, that the error message for the multiple page .xar also mentions Flash

The first image is the error I received when opening the flash animation file. The second is the error I received opening the multiple page .xar file.

Xara Xtreme opened the first page of the multiple page file created in Xtreme Pro.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error1.gif 
Views:	222 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	33154   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error2.gif 
Views:	230 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	33155  

Last edited by Soquili; 11 December 2006 at 07:58 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    I believe that Availor meant that he is received the error message, not that the file fails to open at all.
    Yup that's what I meant

You should certainly be able to load Pro files into older versions, even CorelXARA, but you will get warnings that the file contains new stuff that will be ignored. Sorry for the techo-gibberish message, that will be made for user-friendly in future releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    You should certainly be able to load Pro files into older versions, even CorelXARA, but you will get warnings that the file contains new stuff that will be ignored. Sorry for the techo-gibberish message, that will be made for user-friendly in future releases.
    But I still can't open the file, after the message I get plain new document instead of loading my file, so this is a bug, isn't it?