Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Xara beta bugs

Default Re: Xara beta bugs

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Xhris
    As I said I was producing a collage image from photographs using XPE to adjust the levels of about four images. Each image was placed on a new layer in Xtreme; transparency applied to blend them together. I used Mehdi plugin to apply natural grain to each of the images for consistency and certain areas of the individual photographs were croped using using xtreme to slice rather than XPE to crop. (though I'd also been cropping in XPE)
    On a number of occasions now I've had the program shut down due to serious error whilst doing this or similar.
    Working with vector images of a larger file size, using the likes of Mehdi for natural grain etc, has produced no problems what so ever so its not the computer running out of steam..(2gig ram, AMD Athlon dual core), it 'seems' to be (processed) photographs its less happy with.
    I repeated the operation with the photographs using Xtreme-not-pro, all except the level adjustment without any bother.
    It also has to be said I repeated the operation with Pro for one collage and it went fine, which is why I was wondering if anyone else had had any problems rather than assuming it was a buggy problem common to all.
    Irritating but not life threatening.
    derek
    Was it the internal version of XPE in Xara you were using, or the external one that can be loaded when Xara is closed? (I'm assuming the internal version)

Xris
    On different occasions both but internal when problems occured as far as I can recollect.
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Xris
    On different occasions both but internal when problems occured as far as I can recollect.
    Derek
    Derek,

I've tried to reproduce your steps, and more, but I haven't yet been able to crash it. I'll have another go later.

Xhris
    Thanks for the effort. As I said it might not be a bug but something peculiar to me, so unless someone else has a problem I wouldn't spend too much time with it. The specific combination of filters, transparency with a little overdrawing with various effects applied might have just upset my PC alone for whatever reason.
    I've finished what I was doing so the combination of actions might not arise again in the foreseeable future
    Derek

PDF export issue - not sure if this is a bug or a feature of pdf/x. I was doing sketches for a festival newsletter and ran into this weirdness, but I must also say that I enjoy the new text tool a lot.

Anyway exporting to pdf from Xara breaks my layout, maybe there's a problem in my original so I attach the .xar as well, and an Acrobat Elements pdf print.

Thanks for looking into it.

Jon
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jon...

Very nice, clean-looking page. (Needless to say, I can't read it... )

But when I load it into Xtreme Pro, the layout is messed up in the XAR file. There are a few places where it looks like some captions are overlaid by pictures, and the writing at the very bottom is off the page.

I double-checked, and my page was set for A4 size. Is this correct for your document?

---
    Will

Jon,

The problem is that the leading is increased in the PDF. I asked about this earlier in the thread and a Xara developer replied:

This bug has been fixed for the release. It was introduced when text areas were made compatible with previous versions of the program (they load in as old style text columns).
    So it will be fixed, soon I hope!

John

Thanks Will & John,

good to know it's fixed!

Back to work, then.

Default Status line feedback when Frame Text is selected >> CONSISTENCY

Minor thing but I think the terminology used when describing the three types of text objects should be consistent between the Help Files and the "hints" shown in Xara's taskbar (found at the bottom of the drawing area). It might alleviate some confusion.

The 3rd type of text now available in XPRO is called Frame text in the Help file. However, in the taskbar when frame text is selected, it is referred to as "area". See the attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Text info in taskbar of XPRO.png 
Views:	192 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	32730  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jclements; 30 November 2006 at 03:26 PM.

I have had this error three times so far.

Each time I was performing the same action:

Making a simple four-frame animation, the error occurred when I attempted to change the fps value of frame four from 0.5 to zero.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ERROR.png 
Views:	188 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	32755  
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.