Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Xara beta bugs

Default Re: Xara beta bugs

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode View Post
    In regards to Xara Xtreme Pro, so far, it is very stable
    It is - more so than any previous version.

(But there are some (known) ways to make it crash.)
    Last edited by Xhris; 23 November 2006 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    It would. Messing about with single quotes and colons wasted a few hours of valuable time which could have been far better spent. Grrrr.

Thanks for your help, Sally.
    Part of the learning curve, isn't it? And when we get a real handle on all it can do is when the fun will really start, right? From now on, look first at the example and figure it out and read the help file for .... for..... for..... I forget, why I want to read that anyway, wasn't fascinating prose by any means. Sorry to hear about your harrowing experience with file that woudn't open, guess it is alright now.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    It is - more so than any previous version.

(But there are some (known) ways to make it crash.)
    I am having regular crashes...closing because of a serious error..etc. when working with photographs and it seems to be XPE, particularly when workng with plugins; which of course might be the fault of the plug ins.
    Is anyone else experiencing any problems or is it just me?
    Derek

Unhappy Re: Xara beta bugs

CMYK preview gets corrupted when Cache groups and layers is turned on.

This bug was originally in Xtreme and it seemed to have been fixed. Sadly not.

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    I am having regular crashes...closing because of a serious error..etc. when working with photographs and it seems to be XPE, particularly when workng with plugins; which of course might be the fault of the plug ins.
    Is anyone else experiencing any problems or is it just me?
    Derek
    Hmm, I've not looked much at XPE recently. I'll start using it more and see if I get any problems.

Xhris
    I'm working producing some images made by photo collage. I have just had a crash when working on a previously saved image, altering grain on one of the photographs in XPE. When the programme crashed and I tried to reopen the previously saved file I was told the file was empty; the crash seemed to take all the previous work, (photographs), which were altered in XPE or Xtreme Pro with it.
    This has happened a few times to me now.
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by glenngosack View Post
    So far, fantastic upgrade.. but... default template is ignored on startup. I change mine to US letter with rulers and object attributes set a certain way, (saved as default) but each time I restart it defaults back to 800x600, no rulers, etc. I have to select new template to get what I saved as default.
    I'm sure this will be fixed.
    I Have Xtreme 2.0?? and it still does that. I use the same settings as you...

Bri

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Xhris
    I'm working producing some images made by photo collage. I have just had a crash when working on a previously saved image, altering grain on one of the photographs in XPE. When the programme crashed and I tried to reopen the previously saved file I was told the file was empty; the crash seemed to take all the previous work, (photographs), which were altered in XPE or Xtreme Pro with it.
    This has happened a few times to me now.
    Derek
    Doh! Can you remember what you did to cause it to crash?

Xhris
    As I said I was producing a collage image from photographs using XPE to adjust the levels of about four images. Each image was placed on a new layer in Xtreme; transparency applied to blend them together. I used Mehdi plugin to apply natural grain to each of the images for consistency and certain areas of the individual photographs were croped using using xtreme to slice rather than XPE to crop. (though I'd also been cropping in XPE)
    On a number of occasions now I've had the program shut down due to serious error whilst doing this or similar.
    Working with vector images of a larger file size, using the likes of Mehdi for natural grain etc, has produced no problems what so ever so its not the computer running out of steam..(2gig ram, AMD Athlon dual core), it 'seems' to be (processed) photographs its less happy with.
    I repeated the operation with the photographs using Xtreme-not-pro, all except the level adjustment without any bother.
    It also has to be said I repeated the operation with Pro for one collage and it went fine, which is why I was wondering if anyone else had had any problems rather than assuming it was a buggy problem common to all.
    Irritating but not life threatening.
    derek

Text on hidden layers can still be accidentally edited. I originally posted about this in August about Xtreme but the problem is still present in Xtreme Pro. Original thread is at http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=22860

As Stratocast posted at the time, the workaround is to use the "Current layer always visible and editable" option (and untick the Editable box for all layers) but this is defaulted to being turned off so the bug will affect new users unless they turn that option on.

Egg said "I would only say that this is an eccentricity to be aware of", but I'd still call it a bug because it's not the expected behaviour and is not consistent (doesn't happen with anything other than text)