Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Xara beta bugs

Default Malfunction report.

You know that feeling you get deep inside when you leave the supermarket and your car isn't there?

Or when you slip your hand into your pocket for your wallet and your pocket is empty?

Or when you walk up a flight of stairs and when you step on the last one there isn't one?

That's something like I felt today when Xtreme Pro crashed on me while working on something which has already had many hours of work.

4,812 objects over eight layers.
    A lot of plasma fractal fills, a few linear fills but no transparencies, blends, contours or other embellishments.

I had just saved the file along with a copy.
    Upon closing Xtreme Pro I got an error message - something about serious error and has to close. I didn't have the presence of mind to take a screendump - sorry about that.

So, the prog closed, I clicked on first one, then the other of the two files' icons and Xara came up with a blank screen on both occasions.

So I opened closed Xara Pro and opened it again and neither of the two files were in the file list.

That's the story of the malfunction and me feeling sick as a parrot.

The good news is that when I selected "Open File" both saved files opened okay with their integrity preserved.

No harm done but I don't want to feel like that again.

Grrrr.

Edit: Both files are saved to the desktop.
    Both can be opened when I choose File/Open ... but when I click on the desktop icons I get this error message:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zxpro.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	32319  
    Last edited by Intbel; 20 November 2006 at 01:16 PM.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Default Re: Malfunction report.

Intbel, for goodness sake, make spare copies as you go along. Save As is your friend:

Save As "Genius_Artwork_001"
    Save As "Genius_Artwork_002"..

(BTW I've done exactly the same..)

Default Re: Malfunction report.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Intbel, for goodness sake, make spare copies as you go along. Save As is your friend:

Save As "Genius_Artwork_001"
    Save As "Genius_Artwork_002"..

(BTW I've done exactly the same..)
    I do I do..

I tried something and it worked.
    I think Xara misreads the file (name)

Saving as
    file.xar
    and filecopy.xar it seems to not recognise the difference.

Changing the name to copyoffile.xar it recognises a different file.

I have checked and double-checked this, however, it only seems to do this with heavy files.

Only seems to read the first few letters of the file name.

Not saying that is what it does, just that is what it seems to do.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Post Re: Xara beta bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    That's a good idea. There are number of ways we could help align to the center of a page, and it's been on the list for some time. Doubtful that will be in the next Pro release - we're really just in bug fix mode now.
    Can't it be a good old XaraXtreme update (and in Pro of course) ?
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Default Crtl+L > two functions

Normally, CTRL+L toggles the ruler. However, when editing the new advance text it highlights a line of text.

I don't think I ever seen a short-cut in Xara ever have two different functions.

Default CTRL + W .... Enhancement request

Ctrl+W toggles the case of the character to the right of the cursor.

Any chance of allowing Ctrl+W to do the same for a selection of characters?

Default Re: Xara beta bugs

Sorry for my previous message in this thread ! The défault Xtreme window was only too high for my screen (I don't know why) and the above bar wasn't visible. Solved now !

kindly,
    ivan

In regards to Xara Xtreme Pro, so far, it is very stable, I've been learning how the Flash export works and tweening. One thing that could infinitely be better is the entries in the help file are not all that specific and if it weren't for the examples which come with the clipart gallery for flash aninmation examples (which are shown on the Xara website) I would not have been able to figure out rotation in animating the watch I just posted to the animation forum. The syntax is just simply wrong in the help file but it was right on the Xara files thank goodness. Raymond told me about the clipart gallery flash file examples and that helped infinitely. But the help file should be correct.

Where it is not right is regarding rotation, if you want to rotate the hands of a watch, it goes as such in the name gallery "rotate+hourhand". Once that is done, you can set the rotation axis on the hand itself. The "+" in the name tells the rotation to proceed clockwise, whereas a "-" would be counterclockwise. Then you just copy the frame and advance the various hands about a central axis -30 degrees (hour hand), -60 degrees (minute hand) and -120 degrees second hand and from the original frame for the background, then the one with the named hands, there are 12 frames in all. However the process would have taken far less time if the helpfile was correct.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

The 'Cancel' button is the default option for the PDF export window.

Habits formed from the GIF/JPG/PNG export of typing a filename and hitting Enter twice cancels a PDF export rather than actually exporting - can this be fixed please?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cancel!.png 
Views:	232 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	32387  

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode View Post
    However the process would have taken far less time if the helpfile was correct.
    It would. Messing about with single quotes and colons wasted a few hours of valuable time which could have been far better spent. Grrrr.

Thanks for your help, Sally.