Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xara beta bugs

Hybrid View

Default Xara beta bugs

Well since I got here first I will have the liberty of posting this thread, as I think it will benefit us all. If you find any bugs please post here.

First bug (I'm not sure this is a bug but still): When working on multipages if I create a shape that is outside of the page it will not be visible on the other page, and if I drag it down it will disappear from the previous page as if cut down. See screen shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img.jpg 
Views:	753 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	32155  

Default Re: Xara beta bugs

Another thing:

Maybe it was done on purpose, but: The line width are translated to the measurement I am currently working in: If I work in pixels the line width will be given 1.33, 0.67 instead of 1 and 2, which is not only confusing but also irretating.

Name:	img.jpg 
Views:	742 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	32156  

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    Another thing:

Maybe it was done on purpose, but: The line width are translated to the measurement I am currently working in: If I work in pixels the line width will be given 1.33, 0.67 instead of 1 and 2, which is not only confusing but also irretating.
    That is really annoying.
    It is also time consuming ...
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Another thing:
    I have found that if you use a scale of 1:1 and tick the scale box you will have the line size in points as you want.

Name:	scaling.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	32236  

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    I have found that if you use a scale of 1:1 and tick the scale box you will have the line size in points as you want.
    Intbel I'm afraid that's the the same. The option you've showed represents the work being done in Xara, and how it is scaled in the real world for example.

I.e. 1 pt = 1 meter if you are creating a construction plan.

The issues with the line width control are fixed, and will be sorted in the final release version.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    The issues with the line width control are fixed, and will be sorted in the final release version.
    Thank you ... now how about layers in anim mode?
    That is, the ability to have more than one layer of frames?

That also would be wonderful .. or is that being too hopeful?
    Or too greedy?

Certainly it would be not only very useful but also a great additional selling point.

(not forgetting a button to reverse frame order)

The customer is ALWAYS right ... well, sometimes, anyways ...
    Last edited by Intbel; 18 November 2006 at 11:13 AM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    Not sure whether this has been mentioned. I was wanting to align some cutting marks (lines)with the page boundary, this means setting one of the X or Y dimensions to zero. XXP would not allow this. Up popped “Sorry, that entry is invalid. Please enter a positive non-zero number in the Width and Height fields.”

I have been able to successfully align images and cutting marks etc with page boundaries to zero in XX.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sigmation; 06 December 2006 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Added XXP document

Well since I got here first I will have the liberty of posting this thread, as I think it will benefit us all. If you find any bugs please post here.

First bug (I'm not sure this is a bug but still): When working on multipages if I create a shape that is outside of the page it will not be visible on the other page, and if I drag it down it will disappear from the previous page as if cut down. See screen shots.
    I'm pretty sure this is designed to be that way. Otherwise you wouldn't know what was supposed to be on what page.

Avalior,

From Charles list of other improvements:
    • The line width shows widths in pixels if your page units are pixels (the list of widths will be improved before the final release)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host