Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro - other improvements

I'd really like more entries to the latest-list as well. 9 slots get so easily filled... not a biggie but would improve the workflow a bit.

Pro really shortens the work flow. The re-size, cursor control, etc., all help, many subtle improvements. The last three designs were done with the beta:

http://yantrayoga.typepad.com/noname/

The others on the web page were done using Xara Xtreme for Linux.

frank

I've been using the Pro version now for a few days and it works great! I had a project I worked on last year, a Christmas nativity paper model, that I was working on in Photoshop. Each little character was on a separate layer and I was trying to figure out how to put little tabs at the bottom of each figure so that you could fold them back and make them stand up. I wanted the tabs all the same size and then I wanted to shuffle the figures around to fit on one page.

That was my task and I was a bit "all thumbs" in PS. But then I remembered that Pro could import PSD files and so I opened my file in Xtreme and was easily able to complete my project! It was so easy!

For anyone interested, I will post the finished model on my site next week with a download link on the home page once it's finished. The artwork was done by a friend of mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nativity model.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	32485  

Two questions about the Pro version:

1. Do the new text enhancements include the feature to add bookmarks (links) against headings/text styles, that can then be used in a saved pdf file? With the new Text Areas and flowing text, it strikes me that this would be a logical progression, but haven't seen anyone mention it so far.

2. Within XPE in Xtreme there is a function to "Send to Windows Picture Viewer". Is it possible with the Pro version to "Send to Xara Xtreme Pro"?

Thanks,

Steve
    Last edited by snicho; 26 November 2006 at 05:26 AM.

I must be overlooking this but...how do you implement Pro to work with multiple monitors? Was that available with Xtreme?

thanks, DC

Quote Originally Posted by ZEBtoonz View Post
    For anyone interested, I will post the finished model on my site next week with a download link on the home page once it's finished. The artwork was done by a friend of mine.
    Okay, I am missing the three kings/wisemen and the camels.
    And maybe an angel or two.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Cox View Post
    I must be overlooking this but...how do you implement Pro to work with multiple monitors? Was that available with Xtreme?

thanks, DC
    Could you be more specific? What do you mean by 'implement'? You can of course drag the window across two monitors right now. What did you have in mind that you want to do?

It works just fine ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2mon.png 
Views:	365 
Size:	219.0 KB 
ID:	32618  
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Sorry, I got a little wordy, should have just written," How do I get Pro to work with multiple monitors" I didn't realize that I could pull Xara across 2 montors, I'll have to give it a try, thanks!

Dennis Cox

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    Okay, I am missing the three kings/wisemen and the camels.
    And maybe an angel or two.
    Sorry, Ankhor, these figures didn't make it on the sheet. Maybe next year I can post an extended version. BTW, it's on the site now.