Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Xara Xtreme Pro - other improvements

For existing Xara Xtreme owners here is a list of some of the smaller fixes and improvements in Pro ;

• Name gallery improvements
    Improved so that it shows more detail on the fonts used in a document, using the full font name as shown in the font gallery. It also shows variations of a font as a separate selectable font name, as well as the font family (e.g.. “Arial Bold”, “Arial Italic”, “Arial Regular”.) It shows at a glance which fonts have had to be synthesised and which are not installed.
    • Improved clipboard compatibility with MS Office and other apps
    e.g. You can just copy anything in Xara and paste direct into Outlook and it embeds a JPEG
    • Print dialog completely re-designed
    • Document Info dialog improved
    • Error handling improved so that in the event of a program crash you’ll normally get the chance to continue and save your work.
    • Automatic zoom out when importing photos, so the whole image is instantly visible
    • New ‘100% zoom’ operation added to zoom toolbar and key short-cut of Ctrl+Shift+1.
    • Improved support for using Xtreme with multiple monitors
    • Improved support for accented characters, Unicode and non US keyboards
    • Frame (animation) gallery order reversed, so it now shows first frame at the top
    • Line width now shown in pix if the page unit is Pix
    • You can now set the coordinates origin to top left corner increasing downwards.
    • The main toolbar should automatically show small icons on small screens
    Dragging a file onto the title bar no longer opens MDI windows
    • Copy / Paste attributes on text now works more reliably. You can more easily create 'text styles' using small snippets of text.
    • The line width shows widths in pixels if your page units are pixels (the list of widths will be improved before the final release)
    • New option in Grid & Ruler to allow the ruler origin to be top left and coordinate values to increase downwards
    And the most significant feature improvements of the lot:
    • The caret in the text tool now blinks !

Plus there have been dozens of smaller fixes.

As some of you may realise, most of these smaller improvements have been requested on the TalkGraphics forums. For the day-to-day user they are significant improvements.
    Last edited by Charles Moir; 16 November 2006 at 12:53 PM.

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro - other improvements

YES YES YES HOLY MOTHER OF KAZAN YES!!!!

sorry

got carried away
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

That sounds all really good!

The dozens of smaller fixes... do they include the "two-screens-with-different-resolutions-bug"?

Here's one change I've noticed that's not mentioned above is that sizes in Xtreme are now maintained on export as .swf to Flash. I think this will save hours of work for those who use Flash.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 16 November 2006 at 01:35 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by mikalele View Post
    The dozens of smaller fixes... do they include the "two-screens-with-different-resolutions-bug"?
    Yes. You brought it up recently in the forum, so your post reminded me to chase it up. As a two-screen user I was a proponent of getting this one fixed.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

YES! Thank you Xara Team!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    • Improved clipboard compatibility with MS Office and other apps
    e.g. You can just copy anything in Xara and paste direct into Outlook and it embeds a JPEG
    I noticed in Word, you can also double click pasted objects to load Xara and edit the shape. The shape updates automatically in Word on closing Xara. Shame I didn't have this a couple of months ago - it would have saved me hours of exporting.
    • Error handling improved so that in the event of a program crash you’ll normally get the chance to continue and save your work.
    This is the best change of all - no more lost work! I can crash it for fun now.
    • You can now set the coordinates origin to top left corner increasing downwards.
    • New option in Grid & Ruler to allow the ruler origin to be top left and coordinate values to increase downwards
    This should please a few people!
    Last edited by Xhris; 16 November 2006 at 03:20 PM.

Nice job Xara - relieved to see that the feet are out of the mud!

Unfortuntely I don't have a windows computer handy, so I can't check this myself, but does this change apply to the main page co-ordinates and the way that invidivual objects are represented? i.e. with this turned on is the X/Y location of an object on the page also represented by it's top-left corner?

I would imagine that it would be the case, but before I sign the check to get the new version of Xara (sight unseen), I'd like to be sure.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Odat,

It works as you describe. Set the origin to the upper left corner and the Y values to increase going down.

The top left corner of the object is the location coordinates.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coordinates.gif 
Views:	1655 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	32181  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update