Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro announced

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    Do you mean like timeline control?

Multi-page and enhanced text sounds good, but will it support a better layout and Middle Eastern writing (right to left)? Otherwise this is a too high price.

Now this is not fair It's expensive! That's more than 250$ for me!

I thought the whole advantage of Xara was a small nifty and cheap product, 250$ (maybe even more) is more or less like Adobe packages.

Maybe it's just me whinning for nothing and maybe I will change my mind after seeing the actualy product, but the price stings my pocket! Can't we be little more reasonable here? Please?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that buying additional plug-ins cost additional money, so if you take away the speed of Xara, it's price will be as much as Adobe Illustrator's.
    LOL I think it still has a long way to go to be anywhere near to the price of AI. Show me where I can buy AI for $250 legitimately..

Availor, this isn't a 'must buy' product - I think Xtreme will continue to be available. As in all things, if the extra features aren't worthwhile in your workflow, then don't buy it!

It's a smart move and a good price point, I think.

Paul

Just one word 'WOW'

Christine

Talking Re: Xara Xtreme Pro announced

It IS my Birthday!!!! A step in the right direction and hopefully the first of many. (leading to a graceful Tango around the opposition)

Thumbs up Re: Xara Xtreme Pro announced

CONGRATULATIONS XARA !!! (and Squaeky)
    I downloaded the beta and gonna play with it tomorrow...
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Farrelly View Post
    Just one word 'WOW'

Christine
    Don't you mean
    Last edited by Big Frank; 16 April 2009 at 01:23 PM.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

So far it's great. I really like the mulitpage feature. The text overflow is a god send, and so far the improvements to pdf and swf export seem to be working great! I'm in the middle of a flash icon project so this has already come in handy, especially the incompatability notices that come up makes it so fixing any issue is really quick.

My only negative so far is, who ever came up with the name 'Xortcut'. Good lord what were you thinking? :P

Seriously, I am a bit disappointed that there aren't any improvements to any drawing tools. One more little toy to play with. One more item that would end up showing up in gallery submissions over the next few weeks... Most of the improvements are workflow issues that will greatly impact users on a day to day basis, just not too much on the actual product itself. Not a gripe, just a mild grumble.

All in all, great job Xara. I hope this helps fuel the ongoing and quick advancement of the product.

J
    Last edited by Thatch; 16 November 2006 at 04:23 PM.

My only negative so far is, who ever came up with the name 'Xortcut'.
    not us actually. Xortcuts is a utility that was created and donated to us from Rubem, as a result of a thread of TG forum some months ago about short-cuts. It's his code and product really - we just told him what the config files were to modify the short-cut sttings.

I think even Rubem agrees it's not the perfect tool, but on the other hand a LOT of people have asked to be able to configure short-cuts and so it is a very useful utility - and Rubem very kindly let us include it.

Oh agreed. I think it's a great addition to have and very kind of Rubem to allow it to be included. I just couldn't let the name pass with out a quick jab.

Great job on the release Charles. Take the team out for a pint. They deserve it.

J

Hi Joe.
    What a coincidence. Me too.
    A bit disappointed that the new flash 8 output opened in Flash 8 doesn't recognise curved but caps as it says it should. In all probability a Flash 8 problem rather than Xara.

Charles - Very nice to have the extra options on export (Page/selection/drawing) many thanks!

Initial reactions: fast d'load & fast, clean install.

First tested out new animation features ... noticed the frame gallery is reversed, this seems to me to be illogical for now hidden background frames are on top instead of underneath the other frames .. I'll get used to it .. wondering why this is so, though.

Noticed also the frame display times have changed ,,, that also will take some getting used to. Prefer things as they were in both the above respects but I guess that is just what I am used to.

Still on my wish list: facility to add sound tracks/clips to Flash files (mebbe next year?) and a button to reverse frame sequence (yesterday would be good timing)

That's it - welll done everyone.

The test animation worked okay and now I'm bouncing with Joy.

Er ... meet Joy:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.