Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro announced

Quote Originally Posted by StevenWWinters View Post

Important Note: After purchase you will be able to unlock the trial but please note that the CD & manual are not yet in production (expected in stock Jan 07). The software is fully unlocked but this means you will not have access to some resources that are only on the CD (some clipart, plugins, fonts). The PDF import filter is only included on the CD version.

Is it possible to have the PDF import filter added to download version so that we can test it before purchasing?

Well this is very good news indeed and I hope to see massive success for Charles and co. Its good to see it going Pro. I have a suggestion though - why not just call it Xara Pro. It sounds more "pro" than Xtreme Pro.
    Pantone colours - good
    Flash - meh, I already own Flash 8 pro so this doesnt knock me out. But its nice to have.
    Multi page - Heck yeah! Excellent.
    Its all sounding good and I will buy it if, and only if the ai and eps issue is sorted out. I get so many clients and other agencies sending me stuff produced in Illustrator and I have to fire up all kinds of software too try and open these damn files. I have Freehand 10 lurking here, which I will NEVER use to do anything productive with, but its sometimes a good translator. Funnily enough its Flash that is the best at importing ai and eps.
    The overall lack of robust and versatile support for this industry standard file format has to be seriously looked at, or its "pro" tag will ring rather hollow methinks.

But well done so far you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by James Loudon View Post
    I have a suggestion though - why not just call it Xara Pro. It sounds more "pro" than Xtreme Pro.
    Xara is the company name and Xtreme is the product. Much like Adobe and Acrobat, and Microsoft and Word.

The product is called Xara a lot for some reason, but that's wrong. We have no product called Xara.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    The product is called Xara a lot for some reason, but that's wrong.
    LOL it may be wrong, but it's shorter than Xtreme and some of us did buy a product called Xara Studio (which was remarkably similar to Xtreme) ..

..Oh and everybody knows what we mean when we (I) say 'Xara'..
    ..having a program called 'Xara 3D' also encourages people to use the term 'Xara' for the 2D product..
    Last edited by pauland; 29 November 2006 at 04:05 PM. Reason: further enlightenment..

Quote Originally Posted by James Loudon View Post
    ...why not just call it Xara Pro. It sounds more "pro" than Xtreme Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    The product is called Xara a lot for some reason...
    Personally, I've always felt slightly embarassed when people ask me what software I use and I tell them I use !!!Xtreme!!! I feel like I need to chug a Mountain Dew everytime I say it . Then I have to explain that they should check out the website and even though a lot of the site reads like marketing BS most of it is actually true.
    Jed

And Xa is shorter than Xara.

It's the way it is though. I don't think Xara Xtreme is cumbersome personally. And you can call it just Xtreme, that's only 2 letters more.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Actually I agree. We should have called it Xara Pro. Too late now.

Whatever it's called, I've ordered my copy. It was the introductory discount that tipped the balance for me,
    Tony

Oh, I dunno.. it's not just Pro..it's EXTREMELY Pro!

Picked up my copy for a steal at $99 beans. I was fully prepared to pay the full price just for the new upper left origin and multi-page features, was thrilled to learn of the upgrade price, and esctatic (is that even spelled right? probably not!) to see the extra discount.

A Xara product by any name is a product worth owning.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

[QUOTE=Wolfgang;183567]Hi Bill,

I try to attach an .eps an a .pdf. Could you please try opening it with Pro and tell me if it worked ??

Hey Wolfgang - I managed to open that in Xtreme with no problem, so Pro should do it I would hope. It must be a particularly friendly EPS