Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro announced

I think Xtreme Pro can attract new people, but I think the look of the interface must be changed. It is just to classic xara, and although there are many new features, it does not feel like a new edition.

for example, The xara pro splash screen gives me a feel of 'new' (although it can be just a tiny bit more pro), but the total interface is rather retro. Look for example to maxon cinema 4d, the latest release (10) has now a dark color scheme, with modern icons, it gives a more new and up to date look.

Having only purchased my 'Xara Extreme' a few months ago, i then come across info on an Xara Extreme Pro!!
    I've read up on some of the new features but couldn't find any release date or price/upgrade price etc (even on the news section on Xara.com)

Could someone point me to some additional info on Xara pro please
    Thanks

Taz

Quote Originally Posted by TazzyUK View Post
    Having only purchased my 'Xara Extreme' a few months ago, i then come across info on an Xara Extreme Pro!!
    I've read up on some of the new features but couldn't find any release date or price/upgrade price etc (even on the news section on Xara.com)

Could someone point me to some additional info on Xara pro please
    Thanks

Taz
    Duh...just went to the beginning of this thread.
    lol

I've downloaded Xara Pro and am using it. I've had one problem and one question. Frist the question. There's no release date yet but my download has a 30 limit. Will I have a problem at the end of the 30 days if the program isn't released yet?

Now the problem: The second time I opened Xara Pro (The first time was to reset some of the defaults) I resized the pasteboard, imported a jpeg, rotated it and then opened Xara Picture editor. When I did this I got the following error message:
    Access violation exception at offset 0x01261134

This error message repeated several times as I tried the same procedure however the number at the end of the error message changed.

Here are a couple of the numbers that came up: 0x03071134; 0x042F1134 (this one came up three times). I imported a couple of other jpegs without a problem. The problem could have been with the jpeg, but I’ve used it with Xara Xtreme a few months ago without any problem. The other jpeg’s worked fine.

Thanks,

Louis F. Dow

Can you upload the jpeg please? Its likely that the problems specific to the image you were using.

Quote Originally Posted by charliescoffee View Post
    I've downloaded Xara Pro and am using it. I've had one problem and one question. Frist the question. There's no release date yet but my download has a 30 limit. Will I have a problem at the end of the 30 days if the program isn't released yet?

Now the problem: The second time I opened Xara Pro (The first time was to reset some of the defaults) I resized the pasteboard, imported a jpeg, rotated it and then opened Xara Picture editor. When I did this I got the following error message:
    Access violation exception at offset 0x01261134

This error message repeated several times as I tried the same procedure however the number at the end of the error message changed.

Here are a couple of the numbers that came up: 0x03071134; 0x042F1134 (this one came up three times). I imported a couple of other jpegs without a problem. The problem could have been with the jpeg, but I’ve used it with Xara Xtreme a few months ago without any problem. The other jpeg’s worked fine.

Thanks,

Louis F. Dow

Just discovered the new news, and am intrigued!

I did a quick scan of the messages here but haven't found reference to the new pro version being compatible with the upcoming Windows Vista or dual processor computers.

My current laptop runs XP home and has an Intel Core Duo chip. I doubt the new software will make use of these today... but will it make use of it with a new operating system when released?

...Doug
    ...Doug

I just purchased Pro and downloaded it. When I went to install it, it said I have a newer version of Xtreme installed and I must remove it before continuing tghe installation. Have I done somehing wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Message.gif 
Views:	424 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	32647  
    Charlie

From a fortnight ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    Wolfgang, you'll be glad to know that pdf import is in development and we hope to ship it with Pro, but that current Betas do not have this filter. (My internal version does and loads that file fine). Secondly it does load that eps file as well, as demonstrated earlier (although not by drag and drop - we can look at that).

And yes we do regard file interchange a priority and are doing what we can - and the answer to your question is yes, we will load both eps and pdf files.
    Wolfgang's EPS and PDFs are here. Did the PDF import filter get dropped for the final release?

I have tried dragging and dropping a few PDFs but get errors either to say that no filter recognises them, or that there were no images found in my HTML document.

--

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    My current laptop runs XP home and has an Intel Core Duo chip. I doubt the new software will make use of these today... but will it make use of it with a new operating system when released?
    Charles Moir posted to say that Xtreme 'likes' the Core 2 Duo chips (I think we all do?!) without being able to take advantage of multiple processors, and elsewhere also says that Xtreme works in Vista save for some permission problems which they're working on.
    Last edited by Daniel; 29 November 2006 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Did the PDF import filter get dropped for the final release?

I have tried dragging and dropping a few PDFs but get errors either to say that no filter recognises them, or that there were no images found in my HTML document.

Important Note: After purchase you will be able to unlock the trial but please note that the CD & manual are not yet in production (expected in stock Jan 07). The software is fully unlocked but this means you will not have access to some resources that are only on the CD (some clipart, plugins, fonts). The PDF import filter is only included on the CD version.

Well spotted, thanks Steven. I'll have to start stalking the postman in mid January