Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Clip about sketching

Made another clip. Not so much about Xtreme and it's functions, but about sketching characters and how just by changing the ears, you can create several designs.

I dunno - maybe someone will like it. I'll try and make others in the future - more about Xtreme and it's tools.

-Bob.

(embeded clip, thanks to Xhris's tutorial!)
    •Bob

Default Re: Clip about sketching

Bob, that was wonderful! Thank you. It's also great to hear you chuckle every once in a while as something develops in your drawing and surprises you.
    These videos of your drawings remind me of when I used to watch the Mickey Mouse Club and they would sometimes show the Walt Disney animators drawing.
    You are the best. Thank you again.
    -=Bob=-

Bob,

That was great!

You taught me a couple things in this video besides different ears and noses.

1. I learned that I don't always have to be so controlled in my shapes and sketches. I love the fact that you look so comfortable doodling on the screen. I just wonder how you take that doodle and make a clean object with color later? As it is right now I still do most of my sketches on paper and scan them in.

2. I learned how easy it is to take a basic image and manipulate it into unlimited objects.

I'm going to try doing some sketching right away.

Thank you so much for sharing your techniques. I really did learn a lot from watching your clip.

Thanks,

Jen

Bob,

I checked out your other tutorial on your usual steps.

That explained my questions, thanks.

Jen

Bob,

Not only are you very talented but your video's are so much fun. Please keep them coming.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Great video. I was wondering how you did a complete sketch after reading your previous video. Now it's all clear.
    It's amazing how easy you draw these stuff =)

Don't hesitate to post more videos

Bob:

Thanks to you, I actually got my tablet out and played for a couple of minutes. I had long since given up on the thing, because PSP doesn't create fluid arcs and such unless the stylus is moved very slowly, and I can't afford a more expensive program at this point (which may not fix the problem). You have shown me that it is usable, and even though my sketching skills suck, it was fun--thank you.

It was great watching how effortless you make it seem.

Best wishes,
    David

I really lke how you transformed the character so many times, it REALLY IS in the ears! So cool! I seemed to have caught these vids right when you posted them on there, before you posted this so awesome.

youre like the bob ross of xara cartooning

RonC

I'm glad that these videos are fun to watch

I did something new - a 10 minute sketch or "doodle" and posted that. Right now, there fun to make and I think there are those who may like watching something like this - watching someone draw. I know as a kid, I liked seeing that and a lot of times didn't see enough. Don't see something like that too often on regular TV.

I don't want these clips to come across as, "showing off" but more as inspirational - or just simply, "fun to watch." Nice to hear that some tablets got dusted off and given a second chance But if you don't have a tablet, pencil and paper is just as good and in some ways, even better! I mean, no save button to press and when you're done, you automatically have a printout made

-Bob.
    Last edited by Bob Hahn; 21 January 2007 at 12:33 PM.
    •Bob

I was listening to your voice and I have to agree some other, very hypnotic.
    It made me think of that guy on TV that made paintings of nature, Ross, or something like that.

And the video`s are great, I only used my freedraw tablet for shapes
    that were too hard to do with my trackerball, (I never use a mouse,
    they just never felt right) but I will use my tablet more now.

Love to see more of your video`s, and great background music too
    on that last video.
    be aware, not to become a ware.