Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copy settings?

Smile Copy settings?

Hi,

Is there a way to copy my settings from one object and just paste it on a new?

Example. I have made a really nice Bevel effect to a rectangle and I want to have the exact same settings on a new rectange that i draw and also the same on a new circle? Any ide?

Thanks in advance!

/Andy

Default Re: Copy settings?

Hi Andy,

Bevels don't copy and paste like some of the other attributes. Maybe in a future release of the program.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

In general, you can copy any object and then use Edit>>Paste Attributes to assign attributes to another object, such as color, line thickness and so on.

You can also do this with Bevels, but in order to do so:
    1. Create your initial object and set up it's bevel the way that you want it to be.
    2. Create your secondary object and give it a bevel of some kind (doesn't matter what)
    3. Select only the bevel on your original object with the selection tool - the status line will say "1 Bevel - and then copy that
    4. Select only the bevel on your object copy the same way and then do the "Paste Attributes"

Just doing a copy/paste attributes action on an object with a bevel won't carry the bevel attributes over to the new object.

Hope that helps.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Thanks Odat, I didn't know that could be done.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I can't take the credit for that, as I'm sure I saw it mentioned somewhere in the forum at some point. Just one of those random things I actually managed to remember!
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Odat View Post
    In general, you can copy any object and then use Edit>>Paste Attributes to assign attributes to another object, such as color, line thickness and so on.

You can also do this with Bevels, but in order to do so:
    1. Create your initial object and set up it's bevel the way that you want it to be.
    2. Create your secondary object and give it a bevel of some kind (doesn't matter what)
    3. Select only the bevel on your original object with the selection tool - the status line will say "1 Bevel - and then copy that
    4. Select only the bevel on your object copy the same way and then do the "Paste Attributes"

Just doing a copy/paste attributes action on an object with a bevel won't carry the bevel attributes over to the new object.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks a lot for the quick aswer! :-)

/Andy

Odat---

I don't know who first came up with this solution, but thanks so much for remembering it!
    ---
    Will

Dear All!
    I am new in Xara and run it under LINUX. Could anyone suggest what is wrong - when I simply Copy-Paste graphic it is not pasted in the middle of the working space but somwhere next to Polar Bears :-) very high up and sometimes unaccessable?
    Thank you
    peter.applerock@mail.ee

Hello Applerock,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

I've also noticed that the paste operation places objects in places other than center page or screen.

Xara Xtreme LX is still under development and this may be corrected as the program progresses toward version 1.0 and all planned features are included.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for quick reply.
    It is interesting because this doesnt happend to every object and I still couldnt learn is there any "law" behind that it would possible to paste thing reasnobly close to work area.
    Regards
    peter.applerock@mail.ee