Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: SketchUp to Xtreme

Utler:

Export the paperclip from SU as a PNG at a high resolution (say 2000 Pix), and do not antialias.

Attach it to a posting in this thread.

1. Now I want you to open it in Xara and see if you can use its drawing tools to draw around the paperclip glyphs (do a search in the forum on 'tracing' or 'logos' to see menthods of how this is done .... or someone here may post some links to threads).

2. In the meantime I will download your new PNG and trace it as well and repost a Xar file that you can use. I will try to include some instructions as to how I did the tracing.

In the future, if you have a more involved image you want converted, you can post a PDF file here I will try to convert it to CMX /xar format for you so you can see the process ... if I have the time.

In the meantime you may want to go to Ebay or whatever and see if you can pick up a cheap copy of CorelDRAW (l think version 10 or 11 can import PDF) or an older copy of Illustrator. It should not cost much at all and then you would have software that can deal with importing/exporting a variety of 2D vector formats.

Sound like a deal?
    Last edited by jclements; 16 November 2006 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    Sorry, I don't see no paper clip. It's a nice idea (the paper clip) but the logo doesn't show it.
    Availor,
    That's the idea..... it's abstract; otherwise I would have taken a photo of one.....
    Explaination: a paper-clip has two ends which are adjacent to each other as you look at it; thus the two white elements of the same height. The 'blub' is the u-shape of the clip; and the most important part of it.......thus the color difference.

Joe, I'm glad you see the reference.

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    yep I was thinking part of a pen,
    I like the way this guy thinks.........good job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by utiler View Post
    Availor,
    That's the idea..... it's abstract; otherwise I would have taken a photo of one.....
    Explaination: a paper-clip has two ends which are adjacent to each other as you look at it; thus the two white elements of the same height. The 'blub' is the u-shape of the clip; and the most important part of it.......thus the color difference.

Joe, I'm glad you see the reference.
    Err.. yeah, right.. ;-)

Thumbs up Re: SketchUp to Xtreme

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    Utler:

Export the paperclip from SU as a PNG at a high resolution (say 2000 Pix), and do not antialias.

Attach it to a posting in this thread.

1. Now I want you to open it in Xara and see if you can use its drawing tools to draw around the paperclip glyphs (do a search in the forum on 'tracing' or 'logos' to see menthods of how this is done .... or someone here may post some links to threads).

2. In the meantime I will download your new PNG and trace it as well and repost a Xar file that you can use. I will try to include some instructions as to how I did the tracing.

In the future, if you have a more involved image you want converted, you can post a PDF file here I will try to convert it to CMX /xar format for you so you can see the process ... if I have the time.

In the meantime you may want to go to Ebay or whatever and see if you can pick up a cheap copy of CorelDRAW (l think version 10 or 11 can import PDF) or an older copy of Illustrator. It should not cost much at all and then you would have software that can deal with importing/exporting a variety of 2D vector formats.

Sound like a deal?
    Thanks a lot, much appreciated.pardon my ignorance but is there a website that will explain the uses, industries and benefits of:
    Coreldraw
    Illustrator
    Indesign
    CS2
    PhotoPlus
    Elements 4
    GIMP
    Paintshop Pro.....

As i mentioned I am not in grapgic design so these programs are all foreign to me.... I am however very interested in how communicate my presentations.....

Thanks to you all.

EDITED by EGG: Attachment resized. Utiler, I hope you don't mind my reducing your image size down but we try to keep to approx 600 pixel width images otherwise some visitors need to start horizontaly scrolling to read the accompanying post. Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.gif 
Views:	327 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	32202  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 16 November 2006 at 10:45 PM.

Here is the Xara tracing. Copy the group at the bottom of the page and paste in into your Xara file that has the text. You will have to rotate it to the angle used in SketchUp and then scale it down (see the help file or look at the movies on Scaling and rotating using the InfoBar).

I put things on layers so open the layer gallery to see where things are at.

That's all I have time for now.

John
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks so much for your help John, much appreciated.

A

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Err.. yeah, right.. ;-)
    Err.. yeah, ditto..

Quote Originally Posted by utiler View Post
    Err.. yeah, ditto..
    Fair enough!

It's an interesting image but I suspect that 99% of the population would not associate it with a paperclip or pen.

..then again, maybe 99% would and I'm the 1% that doesn't?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Fair enough!

It's an interesting image but I suspect that 99% of the population would not associate it with a paperclip or pen.

..then again, maybe 99% would and I'm the 1% that doesn't?

Paul

I don't think there is an easier way to explain it......
    By the way if i wanted 99% of the pop to associate it with a paperclip i wouild have taken a photo of a paper clip......LOL

Merry Christmas!!!

Andrew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clip.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	33291