Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I got the idea of directly dropping a color from the color line onto the fill arrow of a gradient fill to get a multicolor fill from Gary's latest manual chapter. However, it only seems to work with linear fills. You can however get it to work for most other fills, for example, circular, by converting it to linear, dropping the color onto the arrow, and then converting back to circular.
    A bug maybe? I'm using 1.0aa and don't know if this was the behavior with earlier version of Xara X.

Later,
    Bryan

I got the idea of directly dropping a color from the color line onto the fill arrow of a gradient fill to get a multicolor fill from Gary's latest manual chapter. However, it only seems to work with linear fills. You can however get it to work for most other fills, for example, circular, by converting it to linear, dropping the color onto the arrow, and then converting back to circular.
    A bug maybe? I'm using 1.0aa and don't know if this was the behavior with earlier version of Xara X.

Later,
    Bryan

and once you've turned that multicolor linear fill into a circular or conical etc , you will be able to drop as many colors as you like into that fill.

OK thanks. Actually it seems that linear, conical, and diamond fills will take additional colors. However, each time you want to add another color to a circular or elliptical fill, you first need to convert it to one of the other three types, add the color, and then convert back again.

B

You can also drag the circular fill off the shape and onto a blank part of the screen, then drag select a colour onto it, then move the fill back onto the shape.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I can add colours directly onto a circular fill no problem....
    Tony
    Tony

Tony
    I'm using the above, and if you try to drag a colour off the colour bar it will not drop onto the gradient line in circular mode. The cursor does'nt even change to the little pointy squares.
    The only workaround seems to be as above. What version are you using?
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have found that the easiest way to add another colour to a fill is to double click the fill arrow on the line at the point where I want the new colour and then select the appropriate colour. This puts a colour point on the line which can then be selected and moved if required.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Thanks for the great tip Christine. It works a treat.
    Egg
    Egg

Hi Egg
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Tony
    I'm using the above, and if you try to drag a colour off the colour bar it will not drop onto the gradient line in circular mode. The cursor does'nt even change to the little pointy squares.
    The only workaround seems to be as above. What version are you using?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Mine works fine - 1.0aa
    Tony
    PS keep up the good work!
    Tony