Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have been trying to find this fabled 'complex fills movie' but Xara isn't offering to download it as it did with all the others so can anyone tell me where I can find it. If I don't see the movie how can I tell if I already know how to do it or not.
    derek

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi Derek,

Do you have a file called complexfills_large.avi in your xarax1/HelpAndSupport/enu/ directory? If so, than that is it. The largest file, about 20 meg. If not run Help=>movies.
    John/DOT

No I don't, the largest is about 2mb, and I've done the help=>movies though that produced nothing, but there again I can't get on the xara homepage either at the moment so maybe later, though I did try it yesterday and I got nothing although my yesterday might be your tomorrow or the day before tomorrow because of the time difference.
    I'm sure it will turn up eventually.
    derek

Derek;

You can find the movies here. The ones that did not download because you have a dial-up connection are listed separately at the top of that page, including the complex fills movie. After you download the movies you want, place them in the >>Xara X1\HelpAndSupport\ENG<< folder on your hard drive and restart Xara X1. Select Movies from the Help menu and you can then view the ones you have downloaded by selecting them from the list.

Glen
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

To add to Glens post make sure you have this folder backed up, if you ever need to reinstall the program I'm quite sure that these movies will go away too!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

Unless you are planning on buying the boxed version or just the disks then once they are gone a re-download is not going to be fun for those of us with a 56K modem like me!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Finally managed to see the 'complex fills' movie. However been there done that as they say though the movie is considerably better than the ham-fisted tutorial I did for the Pixelparity site some time ago on how to draw this flower.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flower.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	12898  

Ooo, that's just as pretty as it was the first time I saw it. Looks totally realistic!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Or this damp leaf. Thus proving that Xara, in whatever guise, put all other bits of software to shame. Buying X1 now.

derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	damp_leaf.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	10624  

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAMWolff:
    To add to Glens post make sure you have this folder backed up, if you ever need to reinstall the program I'm quite sure that these movies will go away too!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

Unless you are planning on buying the boxed version or just the disks then once they are gone a re-download is not going to be fun for those of us with a 56K modem like me!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The un-installer will leave the HelpAndSupport folder alone, so you won't need to download them again if you have un-installed the program.

hth,
    AlexL