Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

HI all its me again. Ok so I just finished a menu for a client of mine. And yay he loves it. But he will only go with the printer he's use to. ok fine. But he wants his printer to beable to modify prices and text on the meny and as usual they don't use xara. He said to send him a copy of the menu in jpg or jpeg format. Now my question is that I wasn't aware you could modify things like text in that format. Am I missing something?

HI all its me again. Ok so I just finished a menu for a client of mine. And yay he loves it. But he will only go with the printer he's use to. ok fine. But he wants his printer to beable to modify prices and text on the meny and as usual they don't use xara. He said to send him a copy of the menu in jpg or jpeg format. Now my question is that I wasn't aware you could modify things like text in that format. Am I missing something?

They are going to redraw it... If it is complex, they might not match the look, or they might spend the extra time needed and tack it on his bill. If tyhe menu is 2 color, save it easy enough as an illustrator file.

Quinn

The printer will probably create a menu with blank spaces for the prices and then run the munus through the press and imprint the prices.

Check with the printer, but I would think that all you need to do is prepare a file with prices and one without.

It should not matter what application the printer is going to use. The printer can set up a template and then just revise the prices when needed and imprint on the menus with no prices.

Gary

Thanks alot for the info guys...always so helpfull here.

Quinn