Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Creating a Web Comic on Xtreme

I am trying to create a web comic using Xtreme. The type of Web Comic I am trying to create is like the Sunday Comics. The one with the squares that show events in sequence. What I wan't to know is, is there a way in Xtreme to create a template somewhat like that? I don't want to keep adding squares for each event. Any advice will help.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Creating a Web Comic on Xtreme

My guess would be to create several boxes on a seperate layer or layers and make them visable but not editable. This way you have them pre-created but you don't change them unless you want to. You can then save the xar file and use that as a template each time you create a new comic.

Hope that helps.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

I think I can give that a try to see how it works. As far as layers, I want to create the boxes then be able to draw in them. This wont affect me drawing in them?

No not at all. It's just a handy way to have your empty boxes tucked away until you want to use them.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

For speed you can create templates with one, two three and four boxes.

You might want to create the boxes as cut-outs from a rectangle that covers the whole page, on or above this you can have your Titles/logos and Copyright text.

This way you can work on the layer beneath and have the 'frame' mask the edges of your contents.

If after cutting out your boxes you make the 'frame' an editable object you will be able to select all the nodes that surround a gutter and move them (and the gutter) to one side or another thus resizing two boxes at once.

Oh, okay thanks for the information.

Seems to me that the content inside the boxes should be rather more challenging than making a few boxes. I'm not up to making a comic, but I wouldn't draw inside the boxes, but make a drawing then mask it using a box, then add the outline..

Here's a simple template to give you an idea.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGreen View Post
    I am trying to create a web comic using Xtreme. The type of Web Comic I am trying to create is like the Sunday Comics. The one with the squares that show events in sequence. What I wan't to know is, is there a way in Xtreme to create a template somewhat like that? I don't want to keep adding squares for each event. Any advice will help.
    The drawing is not mine ...
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Or even;