Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Default Re: Can I say how much I hate.. ?

The weather here is not so fine. It's raining a little bit and it's cold.
    IP

Mr. Duke, you've already made your 64th post on your very first day. I think we get the point and there is no need for further elaboration.

Discussion is good to a point. Right now I see 15 pages of this thread. I would suggest this is more than enough as it's lost it's relevance to the original topic... or any topic.
    IP

Time to brighten up this thread...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Image1.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	32061  
    -=Bob=-
    IP

Now THAT'S funny
    IP

HaHaHaHa...I like that Bob.

Very appropriate at this point, reminding us all how big a clowns we are wasting so much time on discussion of an interface.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    If most people here are like me, they enjoy a debate and continual lectures prove tiresome. I'm here to learn new things and discuss with others - not get battered with someone's self-centered philosophy in post after post. It's getting to be a PIA to read the posts here.
    There are two solutions: don't read my posts. Or: lighten up and stop looking at it all personally. Look at it objectively - out there. It's a 'thing' - not you. The user interface is not a part of you, nor me. That's how I see it.

This thread only got out of hand when people kept making comments about things other than the interface itself.

"not get battered with someone's self-centered philosophy"
    Do you seriously feel like this? Just from reading something on a webpage that isn't even about you?
    IP

Some fun grafx throughout this thread... as well some very informative grfx, all cool stuff

UI's are funny at the best of time... I also agree with having UI's deliver as much creative space as possible, and may you become proficient with utilizing your keyboard in one hand, and your mouse in the other

The end result, your art worx, will still be the same I hope

It's the goodies, the options within said app, which becomes most important, given the UI is good on the space provision factor of things... and the user's own abilities, and artistic will to do, I would suppose...

Just open up Wings3D, and yikes... what a dismal looking UI eh... but man, talk about your powerhouse subdivision modeling app... the right set of options to compete with most any set of subd modeling tools, including the big boys...

Yup, options and hotkeys, large workspace's and the will to create... cool stuff really

Speaking of options... there are so many sets of tools out there to create with... why any be unhappy?

It's just so freaking cool to create stuff...

I mean sure, drop a suggestion off, then be cool... relax and do some art or something else you really like... share good space with others ...

peace to all
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gidgit View Post
    Just open up Wings3D, and yikes... what a dismal looking UI eh... but man, talk about your powerhouse subdivision modeling app... the right set of options to compete with most any set of subd modeling tools, including the big boys...
    I think if you're going to talk about 3D subdivision modelling software with a dismal looking UI, you should probably mention Blender.

Actually, I had last week off and spent it learning how to use blender some. Today I tried to draw something in Xara and had a heck of a time trying to select some objects! Amazing how quickly the mind adapts to new things and ways of working. I find that interesting, as most people when discussing blender say things like "yes the UI is non-standard, but once you learn it you're tons more productive", and be darned if it isn't actually true!

I find the way that Xara works (keeping tools out of your way until you actually need/request them) the same way. After working with stuff like CorelDraw and Photoshop where half of your window is taken up with all of the "tools" you probably never need, Xara is a real exercise in economy for the UI.

Now all I need is for XaraX to use the A key to select/deselect all and the B key to toggle select mode, and I'm golden.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.
    IP

Here is an interface that will daze and confuse ya. I love it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZB interface.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	32070  
    IP

Hi Mike. I like the ZBrush interface.

That reminds me I haven't re-installed since my last hard drive upgrade.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP