Quote Originally Posted by amoore View Post
I'm very happy with Xara's alignment dialog. I find it much easier to read than all those little symbols.
I like how when you open the dialog, it remains open so that you can perform multiple operations, like if you want to align several groups of objects the same way.

In fact, if I have a peeve about the dialog itself, it's that it's not (yet) correctly implemented in the Linux version of Xara. That'll fix itself eventually, though.

Quote Originally Posted by amoore View Post
The only complaint I have is the one I keep voicing: there's no option to align to selected object.
I miss this option as well. My main use for Xara is creating graphical UI's for games, etc. The ability to align objects in this way (without the selected object moving) would make this a lot easier.

I used to use Microsoft Image Composer until I found Xara. One of the features of IC that I miss is the ability to lock the position of an object. You could still select it and edit it, just not change it's position. Of course you can simulate this by putting the object on it's own layer and locking the layer for edits, but it's not really the same.

The only thing that really bugs me about Xara is (as others have mentioned) the fact that the origin is the bottom left of everything. After I mock up a layout for a Gui using various objects, I have to break out the calculator and do a bunch of math to figure out where exactly everything is positioned. I understand the reasoning for a bottom left origin, but I still wish there was an option to invert it.