Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Can't run program

Hi Guys,
    Used the program yesterday, worked fine. Today went to open it and get an error message that says "Runtime Error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information...... and then I click okay and the program closes.
    Am on travel, and have done nothing to change anything on my laptop, just some email from the hotel, and some design on xtreme yesterday....when, like I said, it worked just fine.

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this message or what I might do to fix it? Like I said, I'm on travel and don't have my CD here so a reinstall is not an option.
    Thanks a bunch,
    Belle

Default Re: Can't run program

Did you already check your virus-protection?
    Did you install or update (like windows update) anything else?
    Have your fun NOW. Maybe tomorrow it's too late...
    Tom

..: Better natural stupidity than artificial intelligence! :..

Virus protection is up to date....and haven't done a single thing to the pc, no updates, no nothing.
    Used the program for some designing this morning....about 2 hours.
    Closed it up and everything was fine. Sat the pc on the table, left it running, but was not connected to the internet......came back to it about 4 hours later and the program won't run....gives me that error.
    Tried rebooting, didn't fix it. I was hoping to do more designing tomorrow and Thursday.....this is not good especially while I'm off on travel....
    If I was at home I'd just uninstall and reinstall and figure that would likely fix it. Being stuck here without software....if I can't figure out the problem I'll have 3 wasted days that I can't do the designing I ought to be doing.

Thanks....
    Belle

Try a system restore, that might bring her back.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Wish I could. I've got restore points...but for some reason I can never restore to one. It goes through the motions, but then tells me the restoration was not possible and I should pick another date. Do that but it still won't restore.
    Guess I'm just going to have to give up until I get home to the software and then hope an uninstall and reinstall will do the trick.
    Thanks anyway...
    Belle