Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Arrow xara xtreme and xerox printers

i want to get a xerox DC250, but am unable to get past printer driver problems when using xara xtreme. its mostly the special effects that cause problems on this printer and i dont want to be forced to convert all files to jpg file first. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem or does anyone else have problems with any xerox printers? i have also had worse problems with my old phaser 7750gx, i know how to "live" with these problems but i want to know the real solution so i will be able to print all my files straight without converting them to jpg format

Default Re: xara xtreme and xerox printers

Hi, tell a little more about the Xara print settings you are using. If the printer has a Windows driver then you should be able to get good results. For instance some were not happy with the default settings, but when the Option to Print as an Anti-Aliased Bitmap is checked things work out better. Xara will then convert your drawing to a high quality bitmap for the printing process and you do no have to mess with converting your file.
    adios

As more and more complexity goes into drawings, printers have a hard time keeping up. And large path printers, I have one which goes up to 13 x 19 inches, are often inherently portrait, causing you to rotate a high resolution image into position to fill the paper properly.

These are but small inconveniences. And are solvable, once you know what you need to do, it is just one of the things that keeps the mind nimble.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

sally thanks but no, i have tried changing print output settings but that is not the answer im looking for as converting file to jpeg first gives better results. im look for a way to get the printer to print the files directly without having to print them as jpegs.

I add that the canon CLC5151 i tested does it perfectly and processes it super fast, its just that the Xerox has a better quality finish and the xerox is a far more capable machine