Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default create a color gallery

In other programs, I can create and export a palette.
    Then in XARA I can use the import feature to load that palette as a "color gallery". And even add it to the bottom line for easy access.

I did not see in the documentation for XARA that I could create a palette/color gallery within XARA. Everything refers to IMPORTING a palette, like I do now. I know I can name an individual color but I would like to make a specific gallery for a particular project that will have multiple images using the same palette.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Default Re: create a color gallery

XPal works nicely (freeware), ( Xara shareware page). You can use various pallete types in Xara.

You can convert MS pals to Jasc pals with Xpal for Xara. Jasc pals have 256 colors. You can have blanks for a limited palette. A Xara pal can have limited colors. The pals are text files, and can be edited in Notepad.

XPal can save to an EPS file, and will give a set of color objects on screen and place the colors on the color line.

Rich

This might also help Creating a Custom Palette.

Xara can also import CorelDRAW, PaintShop Pro and Windows *.pal palette files and CorelDRAW *.cpl files.

You might give one of these a try.

Gary

Gary...

When I tried to follow the tutorials on "Creating a Custom Palette" and yours on "Metallic Fills," I had a real problem. I followed the steps, created the colors, then started to name them. Evrything worked for the first thre, Gold1, Gold2 and Gold3.

When I got to the next one, however, it insisted on calling itself a "Shade of Black." No matter what I did, I could change it to a shade of red, blue, etc., but it would not let me save it like the others. I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metallic Fills-1.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	30921  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hmmm That does not happen to me. But this is not to say it is not happening.

See what happens when you open this file. I named all the colors but it seems I eliminated #11 but that's just me.

Gary

Wolf,

If the dialogue box is insisting it's called "A Shade of Black" I expect you've got the "make a shade of" option box ticked. Just untick this box and you should be able to name it whatever you wish.

On a run of colours like this I find it preferable to select a mid range colour and name it say "GOLD". Then select each box alongside it in turn and create a named colour BUT make it a shade of Gold. This way when you edit Gold all the shades of Gold are also altered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.gif 
Views:	318 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	30954  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Attached is a xar fle using your original rectangles, naming one "Gold" and making the others "Shades of Gold".

I've then copied these into a new Xara page, Changed the colour Gold and recopied them back to the original Xara file. Xara automatically renames thes named colours. Do this several times & you can quickly build up a palette.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Gary and Egg...

I definitely made sure that the box was unticked, but it wouldn't stop wanting it to be a shade of black. I had even closed it and reopened it.

After I closed Xtreme, and re-started the program, it seemed to have fixed itself. Sigh...
    ---
    Will

Cheers Will,

I attach another palette which gives 35 shades of the Root (Top Left) colour box.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 22 October 2006 at 06:47 AM.
    Egg

Egg...

Thanks so very much! This is excellent informatiion. I've printed it out for reference. Much appreciated.
    ---
    Will