Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wavy line

Default Re: Wavy line

You're welcome, Will.

Remi

Cheers Will
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I blended two line segments then broke the blend apart, aligned the segments, joined the segments and converted line to curves, etc.

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grid-sin.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	30883  

Gary...

This really looks cool...like a neon rainbow. Wish I know how you did it... hint!
    ---
    Will

Gary,

Really impressive.... but I too would be very grateful for a bit more info on how you did it.

Noel

Well, I joined the lines (Arrange > Join Shapes), increased the outline width, using the Freehand and Brushh Tool applied a tapered stroke shape, converted the line to shape (Arrange > Convert Line to Shape, then applied a red to red Linear fill and selected Alt Rainbow from the Fill Effects drop down.

I made a bitmap copy of the colored line, True Color (no alpha) and edited the bitmap in Xara Picture Editor adding blur (by adjusting the Blur/Sharpen slider in the Enhance dialog (Ctrl e).

I displayed the grid and did a screen capture of the grid (Shift Print Screen). Pasted the grid back into exreme. Applied the gird portion of the bitmap to the rectangle and sent it to the back.

Finally I duplicated the grid filled rectangle and brought it to the front and applied a Flat, 60% Stained Glass transparency.

I think that is all the steps. Funny, it did not seem like so many steps when I did it

Gary

WolfMoonHP, I wish you hadn't created that "rope." I made the mistake of copying it onto my 'puter. Soon afterwards, it multiplied by dividing. Then one of the segments turned into a parasite and is eating my tomato plants.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parasite.gif 
Views:	501 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	31004  
    Charlie

Hahaha. Just make sure you keep those creepy larva away from that dog or you'll REALLY have problems!
    -=Bob=-

Thanks, Gary...

I followed your steps and achieved a measure of success...At least I now understand the concept, and managed to get the rainbow fill, even though my line was not quite as smooth as yours.

But even with my less than stellar creations, I learn more and more. I think I am just now beginning to get a feel for how much I still have to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by cbutton69 View Post
    WolfMoonHP, I wish you hadn't created that "rope." I made the mistake of copying it onto my 'puter. Soon afterwards, it multiplied by dividing. Then one of the segments turned into a parasite and is eating my tomato plants.
    LOL...Don't blame me. Gary Priester did the tutorial that let me learn how to do the rope brush. Blame him!