Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An other Art

Default An other Art

Hi again!

This is my new work with Xara. What is your judgment?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	agata-police-car.jpg 
Views:	534 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	30772  
    Last edited by Ross Macintosh; 18 October 2006 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Edited to replace image with a version on the talkgraphics server

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: An other Art

It is too large for this forum. Both in demensions and in file size. Please resize the file. I am on a broadband connection and it took several minutes to download.

Nice drawing though...

The lines or shapes on the bottom side of the horns (shadows maybe) I would feather those a little more and maybe make the "shine" from the red police light a little more transparent and perhaps feathered too. And one last thing. With the dice you have hanging, you show a 5 and a 2 next to each other. This isn't possible as the opposing sides of die always equal 7. So you have 1 & 6, 2 & 5, and 3 & 4 opposing each other. You should use either a 1 or a 6 (as the 3 is also showing on the bottom so 4 is out too).

Just a little constructive critique. I like it alot.

Eric
    Last edited by bcire68; 18 October 2006 at 01:47 PM.
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Please try to keep the dimensions no larger than 600 pixels wide. This will allow more people to enjoy your work without having to scroll to see the entire image.

I'm using 1280 x 1024 screen size and I have to scroll to see your image. Many people on the internet are still using 800 x 600 screen resolution.

I'm using a T1 wideband line and after several minutes your image had not completed loading so I moved on to another post.
    Last edited by Soquili; 18 October 2006 at 02:46 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Ok... and now?

still takes for ever and i have a 30mps down connection
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

The problem was that AGATA didn't upload the jpg to the talkgraphics.com server as is typical. The image was loading from www.kepfeltoltes.hu and that must be one slow server. The fact that the graphic was over 200k didn't help either.

I've now edited AGATA's original post so it loads more quickly. The version I uploaded is under 50k in size and on talkgraphic's fast server it should display quickly.

AGATA -- It is a very cool drawing. Fun stuff!

Regards, Ross
    Last edited by Ross Macintosh; 18 October 2006 at 12:54 PM.

Seems fine now - 50K - loads in a flash!

Nice work!

AGATA,

You've got some really neat things going on there. The front of the car has a lot of dimension. The grill, bumper and sweep of the front of the car are great. I like where you were going with the wheels and the undulating rocker panel. I feel however that it gets a bit muddy around the passenger compartment. The rear view mirror is lost in the window because of lack of contrast. The window opening while fun and spherical aren't easily read, part of that being the rear spoiler and the fact it isn't well defined in the back window and it becomes a field of white instead of showing some of the color (even a tint) of what is outside the window. Finally, the use of fractal clouds... it's fairly masked in the road, it's ok in the smoke cloud field (but I'd like that to be more both more subtle in the use of FC and have a bit more pop), but it just screams "I got tired of trying" in the background. Maybe it's just me but straight fractal fields telegraph exactly what you are doing and show a simplistic approach, one that isn't there in the rest of the piece.

I hope you don't take this as a slam of your work, it isn't intended as such. I see a lot of promise with your work on this there are just a few things that make it not work for me personally. Keep up the good work. Hope you got something out of my comments.

J

Great! I'm too new to critique it, but would the horseshoe look better upside down in the middle of the grill, a centimeter or so under the horns, so it looks like a node ring? Just a question, really. Nice drawing, full of energy.

Terrific!

And it loaded almost instantly for me.
    Charlie