Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: blurred edge

Default Re: blurred edge

A vignette pardon my French,

Now if I'd had that word this morning everyone would have known the effect I wanted.

I also love the demo, can't wait for the requested tutorial - need it for a jokey xmas present

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    I believe what you're talking about is a 'vignette'. And once it's finished you can hang it on the wall for everybody to admire...
    That image is a good example of where bump mapping can be used to good effect, as shown below. The surface detail of the brick can be highlighted by the bump map light - calculated on a per-pixel level with each pixel getting a different brightness value, rather than the flat image of brick being brightened - each pixel by the same amount.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wall Bump.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	30657  

Wow! Great idea and great work, Xhris! The wall looks totally realistic!
    -=Bob=-

Hi...
    Even though I'm a beginner with Xara, I thought I'd throw in my try at this. Basically, I put the red ellipse over the house, used arrange-combine-subtract, then used break shape. I got rid of the outer areas, then feathered the picture.

Ooops...forgot to hit upload...told you I'm a beginner...sigh...

How do you get the lighting that comes from the lamp and goes onto the picture?

My Guess as a rank amateur create an elipse blurr the edges, give is a graduated fill top to bottom and then put it behind the picture

Mind you I'm probably wrong

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Tallis View Post
    How do you get the lighting that comes from the lamp and goes onto the picture?
    If you're referring to my response above, then check out a tutorial I wrote on bump mapping some time ago. I don't think that has been released onto the Xara Xone yet. I'll speak with Gary when I get a minute.

Thanks, and I did read your minitut separately from this thread a bit ago. Quite an explanation; very nice.

Here I was actually just referring to the original post, and the flashlight-like shine from just the lamp itself above the picture, lighting the area below it.