Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default "named" sizes, can't delete from bitmap gallery, etc.

...well Ive had a good few days looking at the features in xara and I'm like a little kid in a candy store. I can live with the "limitations"

I seem to have hit a midnight brick wall on some things/workflow/how-to....

1. I know about names colors... Just a wild stab- there's nothing like named sizes, eh? Where you can make portions of a project linked in size, and then when you change that size... oh forget it, you can already probably do this by just scaling after selecting all the items, no?

2. I'm following

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...=picture+frame

and I made a 4x5 square to hold a picture, I then made a picture frame around it, I dragged like a dozen photos into the canvase, then deleted them all and they are in the bitmap gallery. I filled one picture from the biymap gallery into my original rectangle and used the fill tool to resize the picture to fit the recangle. I then selected all that and duplicated it as the post instructed. along the way, I happend to grab couple of eps files from the web and they were silly so I deleted them off the screen. But there are now manilla colored folders in my bitmap gallery under all the pictures with the filenames of the (deleted?) eps contents. Theres an * next to the folder name, and when opened, theres a grey Xara logo only, no opther contents. How do I delete these folders with no meaningful content in them? I r-click on the folder and delete is dimmed. I r-click on the xara grey logo thing, and delete is ALSO dimmed. There are 3 of these. I cant delete them.

Lastly, the little scroll bar in the RHS of the bitmap gallery is mighty thin, how can that be made a bit wider to more easily control with the mouse?

Extra lastly, why, when I fill an item from the dozen photos in my bitmap galery does a duplicate of that fill appear at the bottom of the bitmap gallery in a folder? It's kind of distracting as the focus of the gallry changes to it at the bottom as soon as it is filled into a square on the canvas, and to fill a next photo, I have to go back up to the top of the BM gallery... I wonder why it seems to be keeping a tally of what I fill...

Oh, and is there a keyboard/menu command for the fill box atop the bitmap gallery? I looked and cant find in the shortcuts section in help..

Thanks!
    Last edited by Tallis; 06 October 2006 at 03:53 AM.