Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Thin lines between adjacent shapes?

Hey everyone. I'm new to CorelDraw x3, so for all I know this is a relatively simple thing to fix. I'm using the slice tool to cut up a shape into 2 seperate shapes. This works fine, but leaves me with a thin white line between the two shapes. I'm geussing this is because the shapes don't interect, but don't ever actually touch either, and since it's a vector, this relationship is infinite. Nevertheless, I don't want to see this line in between my shapes.

The image below is an exaggerated example of this phenomenon that you'd probably never run across in practice, but It's the best way to illustrate my problem.

http://www.bishoptechnologies.com/random/slice_ex.jpg

The only way I've found to fix this problem so far is to add a stroke to the shapes thick enough that the two shapes overlap. I thought this would be accomplished with "hairline" thickness alone, but often times it needed to be thicker. Has anyone else ever run into this problem? If so, how do you deal with it? Thanks a lot for the hlep!

-Dan
    IP

Default Re: Thin lines between adjacent shapes?

Okay so, the problem seems to be the result of DRAW's antialiasing tactics as described by Sark here. Unfortunatly, I can't find a solution other than putting the display to "Normal" view instead of "Enhanced". However, this doesn't help me when it comes to exporting the finished product to a raster image. Any other thoughts?
    IP

Pineapple,
    Seems to me that it depends what you are trying to achieve in the end, whether or not you view in enhanced mode or not if and when you export you creative work the problem of 'white' will still be present would it not?
    Also if you're working with bitmaps then the powerclip would be an option.
    Create your shape>slice it then place image within each section or place object within the shaape then slice it..mabe that would be an alternative.
    Jim
    File showing slicing
    slicing.zip
    Last edited by Scotty; 16 October 2006 at 11:56 PM.
    IP

I often get those whenever I slice shapes then have edges touching but not overlapping. So, make them overlap. Select the shape that is underneath in the z stacking order, use the node editing tool and add a node in the middle if necessary or make use of the existing ones and simply drag those towards the adjacent shape so that overlaps are created.
    IP

The thin lines are caused by the anti-aliasing of DRAW aliasing inward. Many of us have complained and want it to work like it did in DRAW 9.0.

I've been told, they are working on it.

Wish it would be a bit faster.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP